Software Updates???

arnie_7c9acdced3arnie_7c9acdced3 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello everyone! It's been quite awile since my last visit to DAZ, so I logged in today looking for updates to the many programs that I bought over the years. Been poking around for hours now, looking at everything, but can't find the software updates. Then when I hit the forums, I see there are supposed to be updates here. Surley, there must be some updates for Carrera 8 in the past couple of years. The software updates used to be all on one page, so you could see at a glance if you where current or not. Searching through the forums for updates results in a mass of irrevelent results. Searching for updates in the store results in a mass of products to purchase. Daz seems to have forgot how to take care of their customers, a fact that dawned on me a couple of years ago. How this works is you pop in looking for something, and mayby you $pend some cash on some items you notice along the way. I can't find what I want. If there are updates for Carrera, Hexagon, Bryce, Studio plugins, etc, they are too hard to locate. I will get the free download of Studio 4.x pro today. I'm still using 3.x pro, but I want updates for the numerous plugins that I purchased for Studio. Good luck with that I guess.

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,017
    edited September 2013

The only update on Carrara 8 is Carrara 8.5.
    http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-software/
    It's not a free update, though.

I'm not sure if there's a "look for updates" function inside of the programs.

If you do your dowloads via Daz Install Manager, it will keep tracks on updates for you, but that might be a bit of a problem with older programs you installed manually.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The easiest way to check if there are any updates is to look at the version number of the current version in your Product library and compare it with the version number find in your installed version.

The latest version of Carrara 8 is Carrara_8.1.1.12 it appears.