wings, tails & cat-like ears

assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

If anyone knows were I can get this stuff for Genesis, I would liek to know the place

The wings, I do not want them to be props. What I"m hoping for is a Genesis morph has the wings coming from the back (as that way, if you do a shot of the wings, they'll look more realistic because you'd see the the wings being part of the shoulder bone, not just stuck into the skin)

As for the tail, I want a tail morph that comes out from the spine of Genesis

And for the cat ears. I don't want those as props either, I want morphs for there. Also, being bale to hide the normal human ears

Note: I've seen the epic wings for Genesis in the Daz store, but those are props and not even look like their part of the body when you attach them...they look fake

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

What does "being bale" mean?

I've got a Fantastical Cat conforming ear/tail set that I never submitted for testing because I got stuck in Development Hell waiting on the hair system guys to release their next version - I never got a go-ahead so it never got released. I may go ahead and put it at Rendo with displacement fur only just to get it up somewhere.

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

....it's called a typo

I've got a Fantastical Cat conforming ear/tail set that I never submitted for testing because I got stuck in Development Hell waiting on the hair system guys to release their next version - I never got a go-ahead so it never got released. I may go ahead and put it at Rendo with displacement fur only just to get it up somewhere.

And no, that's not what I was looking for. conforming means a prop, that's not what I want

I know it's possible to get these things morphing out of the character spine and head, but everyone just sticks with props. The props don't look as real. If you have a tail, it's an extension of your (the human) tail bone/end of the spine

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

....it's called a typo

And no, that's not what I was looking for. conforming means a prop, that's not what I want

I know it's possible to get these things morphing out of the character spine and head, but everyone just sticks with props. The props do't look as real. If you have a tail, it's an extension of your (the human) tail bone/end of the spine

Well, I didn't know it was a typo. That's why I asked.

A conformer is not a prop. Props are unrigged. What you are asking for is a geograft. I'm not going to do that for this because a geograft requires a full character skin made with that exact graft to work properly, and it's not worth doing an entire character skin for a tail or wings, especially when those are things most people will want to use with more than one body texture.

This is also why no one else is likely to do that other than in the ways it's already been done (as with the tail that comes with Teegra):

http://www.daz3d.com/toonytigers-teegra-for-genesis

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

And the only way that wings could come from the shoulder joint and look realistic is if they replace, or were part of, the arms as RawArt has done in these ones http://www.daz3d.com/ccwings-variety-pack

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Yes, I know about the toon tigers...1st being...their TOON, I don't deal with cartoon morphs

Still doesn't change the fact that the only pair of wings foe Genesis look awful

And those RawArt ones...they don't look good, either..and oh, look...their for V4, not Genesis

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Hi Vata,

You know, you get a lot more responses and a lot more help if you ask nicely and don't simply put down peoples' work.

Sickleyield very politely explained why you're unlikely to find a geografted 'morph' and you completely ignored that explanation in favour of finding something else negative to say.

We do understand that you don't want props, or even figures it now seems, but these are quite simply your two options. You can also use V4 wing figures with Genesis by parenting them to the chest (obviously the back of it), rather than trying to autofit them, which will simply squish them and look silly.

The Epic Wings are quite nice, as are the V4 Feathered Wings and the ones with the Creature Pak. I am sorry that they aren't what you are looking for but I HAVE looked for you and simply can't find any that are morphed, most likely for the very same reason Sickle gave you earlier.

Now, how about you learn some manners when you come to a forum asking questions?

Good luck with your search,
    Barry.

edited December 1969

Last I checked, I wasn't asking a question, I asked for a product

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Last I checked, I wasn't asking a question, I asked for a product

Duly noted. Thank you for pointing out my faux pas.
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,563
    edited December 1969

There's not enough geometry to create wings or tail from.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

The best you're going to get is geografted, for the reason pwiecek already mentioned.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I've been wondering about that myself, actually. I'd love to see it somewhere, whether that be here or Rendo. :)
  • Tye1980Tye1980 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

If anyone knows were I can get this stuff for Genesis, I would liek to know the place

The wings, I do not want them to be props. What I"m hoping for is a Genesis morph has the wings coming from the back (as that way, if you do a shot of the wings, they'll look more realistic because you'd see the the wings being part of the shoulder bone, not just stuck into the skin)

As for the tail, I want a tail morph that comes out from the spine of Genesis

And for the cat ears. I don't want those as props either, I want morphs for there. Also, being bale to hide the normal human ears

Note: I've seen the epic wings for Genesis in the Daz store, but those are props and not even look like their part of the body when you attach them...they look fake

Depending on the wings and tail you could try this: http://www.daz3d.com/popobawa-for-genesis

And this one: http://www.daz3d.com/catgirl-genesis

Hope that helps :) if you like i can do a render with a hybrid of the two :D

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Popobawa's definitely on my 'to-buy' list... Hoping someone makes a skin texture to match that wing set to the one for Four Arms!

I'm determined to have a dragon-winged, multi-limbed, fanged, be-tailed Genesis leaping around...

Now, if only there were some relevant torso clothing for the female Genesis with Four Arms. :D

edited September 2013

Popobawa's definitely on my 'to-buy' list... Hoping someone makes a skin texture to match that wing set to the one for Four Arms!

I'm determined to have a dragon-winged, multi-limbed, fanged, be-tailed Genesis leaping around...

Now, if only there were some relevant torso clothing for the female Genesis with Four Arms. :D

you could always make your own?

Sickleyield has some wraps and stuff over on rendy that look fab for genesis, or theres the classic loincloth and free wrap.

Post edited by Tye1980 on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited September 2013

Tye1980 said:
    you could always make your own?

I've honestly nooo idea how to make anything for Daz, sadly - even with available tutorials.

I was thinking more in terms of modern clothing, though, not ancient world.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited September 2013

I've honestly nooo idea how to make anything for Daz, sadly - even with available tutorials.

I was thinking more in terms of modern clothing, though, not ancient world.

unsure about clothes then but for the textures you'll need am editing software similar to Photoshop or Gimp (gimp is free but I don't know much about it as i got a cheap version of Photoshop)

best thing to do is to take the textures and de saturate them (turning them gray) then play about with the brightness and contrast until you get a good light grey that still keeps the details :) unfortunately that means a lot of jpgs that need altering :)

but good news is you'll have a set of textures that you can change to any colour via the surface tab in daz.

Post edited by Tye1980 on
  • OskarssonOskarsson Posts: 793
    edited December 1969

Here's a geografted tail for genesis:
    http://www.daz3d.com/easytail-for-genesis
    There probably won't be that many other tails, they're very difficult to make.