Can I move a camera along a spline in order to animate a scene?

FetitoFetito Posts: 481
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!

Can I move a camera along a spline in order to animate a scene?

Thank you!

Comments

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Patrick, there is a pre-defined scene you can load and look at for how to do this. My Carrara is rendering something right now, so I'm going to go on memory...

It is a "flight" through the solar system. The camera moves along a spline and even shows how to point at objects as it moves along.

Do "New Scene" and then select "Presets." Look for "Space" as an option. When you click that, you should see "Solar System" scene. Load that. Then just study how the camera moves. You can click the "Play" button for animation and watch it right from the Assemble Room!

• tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited September 2013

The Motion Path method will be the closest to a spline path. Select the camera then the Motion tab->Motion, top title bar theres a dropdown menu. Select Motion Path from the menu. If you are going to move or adjust the camera along the motion path during the animation, the best method(imho) would be to setup a 'Target Helper Object' instead, that is assigned to a motion path and have the camera track that.

Post edited by tbwoq on
  • FetitoFetito Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Yay! Thank you both!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

This older video I did uses a motion path and a crap-load of cameras!

http://youtu.be/xBX28ZsaVUg

• FetitoFetito Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

@evilproducer: Very inspiring!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

That's always been one of my favorite vids of yours, Evil, really looks professional.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys!

I have an idea for an original video, and some of my test stuff on my Youtube channel is trying stuff out. Since most of what I've wanted to do works okay, I really need to get off my duff and get busy scripting and storyboarding so I can actually get it started.