Problem with Royal Eastern Dragon: Wings and LAMH Mane

tags_arttags_art Posts: 7

So, running into a couple of issues. I'm trying to do a cover for a book by a friend of mine, which requires a dragon with a mane and wings. The DAZ Dragon 3 and the Royal Eastern LAMH mane sounded like the perfect combo.

1) I can't load the LAMH mane on the DD3; it loads an entirely new Royal Eastern dragon figure.

Okay, so I'll just load that, says me. (See attachment DSRE LAMH Load. Please note the apparent missing files. I have a Mac with OS 10.13.6 installed - side note, does the general DS4.10 latest update work with OS 10.14.1? I've been holding off on updating, because I want to get this cover done!)

So, I've saved that figure (without doing any other changes, save the name in the scene), and reloaded it. (See attachment DSRE LAMH Saved.) No problem.

Then, I need to get the wings back on, and remove the tendrils. Due to previous experience, I just render the tendrils invisible, then delete the "Wingless Dragon" figure parented to the Royal Eastern Dragon, here named Candle. Save it, fine. Then to check it, I clear the scene (wait for DS to finish quitting on me, and bring it back up again), and reload the scene.

2) The mane hair is crazily all over the dragon figure (see DSRE LAMH Reload 2 - With Removed Wingless).

Problem. This is what I really need help with - how can I prevent this from happening, while still having both wings and mane?

Also, another issue I ran into (but didn't take screenshots for, because of the freezing going on); when I tried to apply any morphs/shaping to the Candle (aka Royal Eastern Dragon) figure, DS basically froze (with, you know, the colourful spinning Mac wheel), and then quit. I tried doing the body weight morph for the full figure the first time, and then I clicked on head to do the horn morphs (because Candle has heavy horns) the second time, and as soon as those things were done... bam. Frozen DS, spinning wheel, nothing to do but wait for it to quit unexpectedly.

Help, please!

(Thankfully, I do have the background scenery I can work on in the meantime, but I'd like to get the dragon issue fixed as soon as possible. Thanks!)

DSRE LAMH Load.jpg
1234 x 749 - 567K
DSRE LAMH Saved.jpg
1092 x 700 - 347K
DSRE LAMH Reload 2 - With Removed Wingless.jpg
1234 x 705 - 466K
Post edited by tags_art on

Comments

• Bouncing up....

All I can think of to do at the moment is set up the full scene except for the dragon, load up the dragon and pose, set materials, etc,, and then render. Any other suggestions?

• Did you ever receive any direction?

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,227
    edited April 2022

tags_art said:

So, running into a couple of issues. I'm trying to do a cover for a book by a friend of mine, which requires a dragon with a mane and wings. The DAZ Dragon 3 and the Royal Eastern LAMH mane sounded like the perfect combo.

1) I can't load the LAMH mane on the DD3; it loads an entirely new Royal Eastern dragon figure.

Okay, so I'll just load that, says me. (See attachment DSRE LAMH Load. Please note the apparent missing files. I have a Mac with OS 10.13.6 installed - side note, does the general DS4.10 latest update work with OS 10.14.1? I've been holding off on updating, because I want to get this cover done!)

So, I've saved that figure (without doing any other changes, save the name in the scene), and reloaded it. (See attachment DSRE LAMH Saved.) No problem.

Then, I need to get the wings back on, and remove the tendrils. Due to previous experience, I just render the tendrils invisible, then delete the "Wingless Dragon" figure parented to the Royal Eastern Dragon, here named Candle. Save it, fine. Then to check it, I clear the scene (wait for DS to finish quitting on me, and bring it back up again), and reload the scene.

2) The mane hair is crazily all over the dragon figure (see DSRE LAMH Reload 2 - With Removed Wingless).

Problem. This is what I really need help with - how can I prevent this from happening, while still having both wings and mane?

Also, another issue I ran into (but didn't take screenshots for, because of the freezing going on); when I tried to apply any morphs/shaping to the Candle (aka Royal Eastern Dragon) figure, DS basically froze (with, you know, the colourful spinning Mac wheel), and then quit. I tried doing the body weight morph for the full figure the first time, and then I clicked on head to do the horn morphs (because Candle has heavy horns) the second time, and as soon as those things were done... bam. Frozen DS, spinning wheel, nothing to do but wait for it to quit unexpectedly.

Help, please!

(Thankfully, I do have the background scenery I can work on in the meantime, but I'd like to get the dragon issue fixed as soon as possible. Thanks!)

Do you have an account on your system named Admin? I can't tell you what support told me When I Put the in Ticket about this, hasn't been solved yet. Even if you set up your machine with Admin you get this, So you still get an error. You can apply textures after it loads.

2022-04-12.png
    1920 x 1080 - 281K
    Royal.png
    989 x 881 - 383K
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on