Batch Render?

jon allenjon allen Posts: 0
edited September 2013 in Bryce Discussion

Hi,
I assume batch render isn't an option? I have tried dragging a bunch of files onto the bryce icon, but to no avail. Mac OSX Leopard.
It used to work in B5 apparently. It would be so useful to have that option right now, I could load it up before I went to bed. . . ;-(
cheers,
Jon

Post edited by jon allen on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,514
    edited December 1969

I cannot tell whether and how it works on the Mac but maybe it does like on the PC.

1. Open Bryce - it must be running.
    2. Mark all files you want to batch render in the finder (or whatever the explorer is called).
    3. With the left mouse button pressed, move the masked files into the Bryce GUI.

I just tried that with Bryce 7.1.0109 because I forgot how it works.

• jon allenjon allen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that Horo, I will try it out later and report back.
    crossing fingers,
    cheers,
    Jon

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Hi Jon;
    Works for me with Bryce 7.1.0.109 and OS10.6.8.
    Two things come to mind - early versions of Mac Bryce 7.1 did have a batch render bug - just wondering if you've got .109.
    The other is something I do all the time, which is to accidentally select an Image file while selecting the scene files. Bryce imports the image then aborts the batch render.
    Best;
    Dan

• jon allenjon allen Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

Hey Dan! I hope you are well. Thanks for the input. And thanks Horo, your suggestion didn't quite work for me as dragging into the workspace didn't have any effect. But. . . dragging onto the bryce icon in the Dock with Bryce running worked like a charm.

What I did, in case it helps anybody else. - I loaded file 1, changed the render size, and saved ( with a new name ) immediately without hitting 'render' at all. Did it again for another 4 files. Started Bryce, selected the five files in the finder and dragged to the Bryce icon in the Dock. They all rendered. Brilliant, thanks. - This may also work if you drag the files to the icon without Bryce running, I haven't tried that.

Dan, not sure if I have a bug or not, but I got it to work. . Your tip about images makes sense, it may be what I came up against before when I tried batch rendering and failed. ;-)

Now, I wonder if there is a way of batch rendering to disk. I would like the option to render multiple files bigger than 4000 pixels ( the size limit for screen renders on my set up anyway ) but I can live without that as it feels a touch ungrateful ;-)

cheers,
    Jon

Post edited by jon allen on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,514
    edited December 1969

Thanks for reporting back, Jon. Much appreciated.