Better Search Function for Daz Products and Vendor Ratings

I'm putting this suggestion here for lack of a better location.

As someone who likes to render exclusively in Iray and using a product (DAZ) that likes to show off it's Iray ability, and with a large number of vendors who Optimize their products for Iray, it would be useful when shopping for assets to be able to filter for those products that are already optimized for Iray.

I know, I know, I can convert any product using Iray shaders. But when I'm on a tight production deadline and I need something pronto and want to get the job done quick, it would be nice to be able to filter for assets that are already primed and ready.

I also think it would be nice to leave either ratings for Vendors or comments on specific products so that future purchasers can avoid all the buyers remorse I've suffered over the last year buying Daz Assets.

Some assets are absolutely wonderful and deserve a good product review for being so well thought out and put togehter. Others I'd like to warn or have been warned about it's limitations. For example, I just spent $20 on https://www.daz3d.com/modern-kitchen only to discover that this product's severe limiations make it useless for my purposes. $20 flushed straight down the toilet on a product I will never use. Not the first time it's happened, won't be the last. And often the product descriptions are insufficient to help avoid this problem. Stil, it would be nice to not waste money.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

There have been umpteen threads in the forums on both of your major points

BTW  how long ago did you buy the Modern Kitchen.   Daz 3d does have a 30 day return policy, so if you bought it within the last 30 days you can return it and gt a refund
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003500163-What-is-Daz3D-s-refund-policy-

• Just out of curiosity, what were you looking to be able to do in regards to functionality with that particular scene? After reading the description of the product, I wouldn't expect there to be any functionality in it with the exception of maybe being able to reposition the chairs, reflective plate, kitchen accessories, and knife. Nor would I expect it to come with any lighting or the scenery that you see outside the window. Some things you just need to make/buy and add to the scene yourself(i.e. lighting, additional props, etc.).  A good rule to follow is if it isn't in the description, its not in the product. As Chlohole said, if you're not satisfied with a product, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. If you're looking for something in particular, its probably a good idea to ask in the forums, because someone might be able to point you to a particular product that will perform as you need or at least ward you away from buying one that doesn't have the functionality that you're looking for. I'm not sure, but I think you might be able to send questions to the vendor via Daz support if you need answers that aren't provided by the product's description prior to buying it.

As of yet, I haven't needed to return a product because either the vendor addressed the problem with an update within a week or two or I've been able to use a minor work-around in conjunction with the product. When it comes to full-blown scenes like that, all you have to go on is the description. In my opinion, if the vendor can't be bothered to write a lucid product description explaining the general features and functions of the product, its probably not worth buying; especially if they took the same half-hearted approach of making the product itself. I'm sure Daz allows them plenty of space/flexibility for a description and product photos, but there are some that don't seem to take advantage of it.

Being that they have a 30-day return policy, written reviews probably wouldn't be a good idea because Daz would spend more time combing through/moderating unecessary negative reviews than anything else.