What omn earth happened with uploading V4 and M4???

lemnos_guitlemnos_guit Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Back in the day I used to use POSER 6 then 7. I got bored so I stopped. I just decided to have another go and so I bought POSER 9.
Why can't I just upload V4, M4 and all the morphs ...what's with all the Installers???:ohh:

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,791
    edited December 1969

Back in the day I used to use POSER 6 then 7. I got bored so I stopped. I just decided to have another go and so I bought POSER 9.
    Why can't I just upload V4, M4 and all the morphs ...what's with all the Installers???:ohh:

If you still have poser 7 and your content installed, simply add the Poser 7 runtime to the Poser 8 Library...

https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2083/~/installing-poser-content-from-previous-poser-versions

• lemnos_guitlemnos_guit Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

Let me put it another way....
    I don't have anything still installed. I do still have purchased content but I've started anew with Poser 9...(not 8)
    I run Windows 32bit XP and I've already been through the whole drama with the Library not showing and IE Flash Player.
    All my other content has just loaded into the POSER 9 Library eventually.

Everything I've read makes no sense.
    How do I install the DAZ figures, in simple steps please.

Post edited by lemnos_guit on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Do you already have V4 and M4 installed anywhere? or is this a brand new installation?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Do you already have V4 and M4 installed anywhere? or is this a brand new installation?

This is a brand new install.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Then yes I am sorry you do have to through the installation process, and they need to be installed in the same location as your poser version, and then initialised.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,791
    edited September 2013

If you have a reasonably fast internet connection, use DAZ Install Manager. It downloads the latest version from your DAZ account and installs them automagically. It is fast and easy

http://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

I'd create folders called M4 and V4 in whatever folder you installed the Poser 9 content (default is Shared Documents, IIRC) to and set them up as destination directories in Install Manager; for instance just select all of the M4 items, make sure it's pointed to the M4 directory to install to, and let it run. Then add those directories to the Poser Library as noted in the link I posted earlier.

After installation you may need to run the batch files in the Runtime/DAZ! folders to initialize the morphs for both V4 and M4.....

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    If you have a reasonably fast internet connection, use DAZ Install Manager. It downloads the latest version from your DAZ account and installs them automagically. It is fast and easy

http://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

I'd create folders called M4 and V4 in whatever folder you installed the Poser 9 content (default is Shared Documents, IIRC) to and set them up as destination directories in Install Manager; for instance just select all of the M4 items, make sure it's pointed to the M4 directory to install to, and let it run. Then add those directories to the Poser Library as noted in the link I posted earlier.

After installation you may need to run the batch files in the Runtime/DAZ! folders to initialize the morphs for both V4 and M4.....

WandW,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    I was just about to give up on POSER and uninstall it all.
    Followed your instructions exactly, then just added them to POSER directory.
    And they work!!

Thanks again.
    LG