Howie Farkes on Sale again today - Using his Scenes in Carrara 7.2?

MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,317
edited September 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Can anyone help me by telling me whether some of Howie's scenes work in Carrara Pro 7.2 please?
I have his "Secret Lake" and the snow scene that comes with Carrara 7.2 Pro, but see that at least one I would really like (World Gardens Maze) says it is for Carrara 8+, which I can't afford just now.
I'm particularly interested in the World Gardens Japan bundle and Valle Alpina. They both just say "Carrara" in the Compatible Software section.
PS: I'm very new to Carrara (have had 7.2 from a magazine cover disk for ages but only just installed it) hence the perhaps stupid question!

Post edited by MelanieL on

Comments

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 517
    edited December 1969

Hi,

On his web_site, "World Gardens Japan bundle" is for Carrara 6.2, so it should be no problem in C7.2 (although I do not have the bundle, so cannot check for you).

http://www.howiefarkes.com/?page_id=357

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,317
    edited September 2013

Ah, thanks a lot - I didn't realise he had his own website - I'll look and see if the others I might be interested in are listed there with version numbers.
    (and yes, I should have tried Google!)
    I love the scenes I do have, even though they make my PC grunt a little!
    ETA: Mmm, looks like I'm out of luck on Valle Alpina - its says 8.1. Oh well, one day....?

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

If you visit his website he has some freebies and some help files for some products.

Do not decompressed the help files into the same folder. They are similar but the images used in the HTLMs are different but have the same names, which is a problem if you put them in same folder.

The help files have some info on render setting which is good to read even if you don't have the exact product it is for.

The World Gardens Japan is my all time favorite Carrara product and highly recommend it . DAZ was using that to show off Carrara to people at a Comic Con I went to back in early 2012.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Jay_NOLA - I grabbed the freebies and the readme for Secret Lake, which looks very helpful.

• That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited December 1969

Had my eye on World Gardens for a while and with the sale I took the plunge. Also grabbed Secret Lake and Country Lane 2.

Amazing stuff!

Now to get a better computer that will handle these scenes with greater ease... I'm on a 2012 iMac (quad core i7 3.4) and it takes forever to render. Hopefully the new MacPro won't be too far out of my budget now that I have come to enjoy 3D...

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Wow,

Glad I read this post. I just got o few of Howies scenes as well ( just got Carrara) and had not looked at his website. It is a goldmine for landscape scenes. So thanks for posting!