GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS part 3

Comments

• sfishffrogsfishffrog Posts: 38
    edited December 2023

It would be so lovely, and thank you for the link, though it doesn't do any downloading when I click on the two items (seasgell and radiance of spirit). Not sure if i'm too late.

Leana said:

sfishffrog said:

I know it's been said, and I'd like to say it again, in case it has traction, but could we make RedHouseStudios RadianceofSpirit available again? As is. Revamped, i don't care, but it's an awesome product and I'd really like to include it in my product files. It's gorgeous. 

If you’re a Daz+ member you can still get it from the first post of this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8880/daz-freebies-reloaded/p1

Post edited by sfishffrog on
  • ElorElor Posts: 714
    edited December 2023

I downloaded them all a couple of minutes ago so maybe there was a problem right when you tried to download them.

As far as I can tell, the archives are not corrupted, but I don't really know how to use these products and I can't check if they are working as intended.

Post edited by Elor on
  • sfishffrogsfishffrog Posts: 38
    edited December 2023

That's encouraging. I will try on a different computer. Thank you.  

Just tried, nope, won't download. The page just blinks. I must be missing something. I'm still a platinum member for another 6 months, I've tried on a windows and mac, I don't have downloads blocked. I don't get it.

Post edited by sfishffrog on
  • I have it figured out. I googled it (because that is pure magic) and it suggested I right click and copy the link and paste it into a new tab. It was probably a blocked link from my settings. But if anyone else has this issue, there's hope. this is the exact help suggestion. https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/77421860/clicking-download-link-does-nothing-at-all?hl=en

Now, to download. very excited, andt hank you for the help from you.

I think it's because the links are not deemed 'secure' (as in they don't begin with https): Firefox was raising an alert with each link, asking me if I really wanted to download them. After the fifth link like that, I opened Safari and I was able to download them without a fuss.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971

I'm looking for a padlock that can open and close, tried sharecg but no luck.

Cheers.

This one by guy91600 seems to be openable:

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/85782/cadenas-padlock

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971

Elor said:

This one by guy91600 seems to be openable:

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/85782/cadenas-padlock

Thank you.

• I'm looking for a skin for G8F that I'd use for a "Transformed" Dragon in to a Human.

I ideally want to show both Scales and "Human" skin.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

Looking for Gen(eration) 4 morphs - Humphrey Bogart for M4 and Ingrid Bergman for V4 ?

(My googling finger isn't working properly today)

• 3dcheapskate said:

Looking for Gen(eration) 4 morphs - Humphrey Bogart for M4 and Ingrid Bergman for V4 ?

Humphrey Bogart is in this collection: https://sharecg.com/v/41628/view/11/Poser/werts-Movie-Stars

Catherine3678ab said:

3dcheapskate said:

Humphrey Bogart is in this collection: https://sharecg.com/v/41628/view/11/Poser/werts-Movie-Stars

Thanks - one down one to go.

• I really don't know about V4, but there is a G9 Ingrid Bergmann head morph by AOBB: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/667461/aobb-s-classic-hollywood-stars-g9-mega-bundle-19-head-morphs-no-materials-nor-textures/p1 Obviously only applicable if the project can cope with G9.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks Richard, but no, I don't use genesis. And that's purely because M4/V4 are more than sufficient for the stupid pictures I do - I just have a sudden desire to do a poster for the movie classic "Basaclancker" starring Hoagey Bumphart  and Bergrid Ingmann laugh

• I would like to thank anybody who can help me. I had a script that would collect textures and store it in a folder of my own choosing. Do to my computer messing up I lost the script. I have tried to find it again but haven't been able to find it. Can someone please help?

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,429

I feel like I'm missing something, but I seriously can't find free Pokemon figures for Daz Studio (not Blender).  I know they would be editorial only, I just want them to make renders for my kid.  Shinteo has a couple, but not many, and they are from older games.  I would think that someone out there would have converted and rigged some?  In fact, I can't even find any paid ones.  As popular as they are, this feels odd to me, like I have to be looking in the wrong places.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,345
    edited March 19

Fae3D said:

I feel like I'm missing something, but I seriously can't find free Pokemon figures for Daz Studio (not Blender).  I know they would be editorial only, I just want them to make renders for my kid.  Shinteo has a couple, but not many, and they are from older games.  I would think that someone out there would have converted and rigged some?  In fact, I can't even find any paid ones.  As popular as they are, this feels odd to me, like I have to be looking in the wrong places.

Would this be useful ?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/637686/pokemon-x-beta-version

https://ext3ndstudio.blogspot.com/p/pikachu-x-alpa.html

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • KainjyKainjy Posts: 751

Fae3D said:

If you need one I can convert to DAZ.
    I have a pokemon for DAZ done by myself but it's a figure: so you have to manually pose joints because G3/G8/G9 poses don't work

Charlie Judge said:

Fae3D said:

Would this be useful ?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/637686/pokemon-x-beta-version

https://ext3ndstudio.blogspot.com/p/pikachu-x-alpa.html

Thank you, those look good, but I should have specified that I'm looking for the "animal" models, not Genesis figures.  Like how they look in the games.  I know you can get them for Blender, but I can't find them for Daz Studio.

Kainjy said:

Fae3D said:

I have a pokemon for DAZ done by myself but it's a figure: so you have to manually pose joints because G3/G8/G9 poses don't work

Thank you very much!  I would love that, but I'm kind of trying to get several of them, and I don't want to be a bother.  And I'm fine with a figure I have to manually pose, I'm not looking for it to use preset poses, just be able to be posed manually.  Did you do a Genesis figure (like a "person" version), or did you convert the actual "animal" versions of them from the game?  If you converted them, do you happen to know of a good tutorial for really Blender challenged people that might explain how?

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 751

Fae3D said:

Kainjy said:

Fae3D said:

Thank you very much!  I would love that, but I'm kind of trying to get several of them, and I don't want to be a bother.  And I'm fine with a figure I have to manually pose, I'm not looking for it to use preset poses, just be able to be posed manually.  Did you do a Genesis figure (like a "person" version), or did you convert the actual "animal" versions of them from the game?  If you converted them, do you happen to know of a good tutorial for really Blender challenged people that might explain how?

I use the original joints (from switch games models) imported in DAZ.
    Online on Deviantart you can find a lot of Pokemon in xps format. You can download them and import in Blender (you must have xnalara/xps Blender import plugin installed).
    The xps/xnalara models already have joints.. so you can pose in Blender

Kainjy said:

Fae3D said:

Kainjy said:

Fae3D said:

I use the original joints (from switch games models) imported in DAZ.
    Online on Deviantart you can find a lot of Pokemon in xps format. You can download them and import in Blender (you must have xnalara/xps Blender import plugin installed).
    The xps/xnalara models already have joints.. so you can pose in Blender

Hmm, I'm not finding a lot of info on the XPS thing.  However, someone let me know that you can use FBX in the Daz Beta, and that seems to be working!  So looks like I can use some Pokemon now, yay!  Thank you for your help ^_^

• launoklaunok Posts: 792
    edited April 28

Good day,

I am not a modeler and even simple things as tubes I can't make as I struggle with Blender.

A long time back I found in Sketchup warehouse a set of tubes but now I can't find it anymore as I think it was a French name.  I have no idea where I stored it.  It was exported as obj.

The tubes was straight, long and short, bended/curve (long and short).  I used it in this image some years ago in Bryce to make a neon signage by putting all the parts together.

It's very frustrating when one lost things and have no idea where it is stored, especially another name as tubes.

I want to make neon signs by putting all the parts together.  The tubes don't have fancy border ends so one can move it exacty in place.  The "balls" on image was done with Bryce meta ball option I think.  I am not using Bryce anymore, only Daz Studio for renders.

I use only freebies.  Is there anyone who can make such parts to use and give it away for free?  Searching don't help me.

29665626_10156341819743619_6853442007391116168_o.jpg
    1045 x 493 - 95K
    29665115_10156341825328619_805359296501535009_o.jpg
    1045 x 493 - 84K
    Post edited by launok on
    edited April 28

Oh my word!  I see this thread was used in March last.  I hope it's still active.

Where can I now ask for freebies as put it up in Freebies forum it will be say its not a place to request freebies, only offering freebies?

Post edited by launok on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    Just trying to think how this would have worked. Was it one prop or two? Basically trying to think of the number of morphs that might be needed. Also, what were the basic dimensions you are looking for? Unless otherwise specified I'd probably go for two props. One straight, one curved. Straight 100cm long, tube diameter 20cm. Curved might be more difficult. May have to be rigged and weight mapped. Would be an interesting learning experience. Regards, Richard.
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,649

launok said:

Good day,

I am not a modeler and even simple things as tubes I can't make as I struggle with Blender.

A long time back I found in Sketchup warehouse a set of tubes but now I can't find it anymore as I think it was a French name.  I have no idea where I stored it.  It was exported as obj.

The tubes was straight, long and short, bended/curve (long and short).  I used it in this image some years ago in Bryce to make a neon signage by putting all the parts together.

It's very frustrating when one lost things and have no idea where it is stored, especially another name as tubes.

I want to make neon signs by putting all the parts together.  The tubes don't have fancy border ends so one can move it exacty in place.  The "balls" on image was done with Bryce meta ball option I think.  I am not using Bryce anymore, only Daz Studio for renders.

I use only freebies.  Is there anyone who can make such parts to use and give it away for free?  Searching don't help me.

luanok, I would go through spacebones's gallery he made several packs of objects, tubes, wavey and straight, wires, cables, frames and the like. Some are in obj format but some are in Bryce format. In Bryce you can export out the obp library as obj. I have done that alot. His stuff is what I use to make rooms, windows and other stuff. Here is is gallery: ShareCG - spacebones's Gallery

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,303

Just so you know, start looking on page 7 for shapes, that should save you some time as you look through Spacebones gallery.

edited April 29

richardandtracy said:

Just trying to think how this would have worked. Was it one prop or two? Basically trying to think of the number of morphs that might be needed. Also, what were the basic dimensions you are looking for? Unless otherwise specified I'd probably go for two props. One straight, one curved. Straight 100cm long, tube diameter 20cm. Curved might be more difficult. May have to be rigged and weight mapped. Would be an interesting learning experience. Regards, Richard.

Forgot to look here again as I thought this thread is not in use but remember now again.  My old age is making me forget things even if I need it.

Richard, the parts you see in my renders are all of it from set, downloaded way back at Sketchup Warehouse but forgot the name of set as it wasn't called tubes. I export it as obj and could scale it to fit. The balls not as it was done with Bryce.  But this renders was done more than +- 10 years ago.  I have the Bryce files stored somewhere on a DVD but it's way too much to go through to search.  The thing is I can't model and to start learn at 68 is a bit too much as I forget too quick.  I don't know your age but I am quite tired to concentrate with my Hypercalcemia illness too.  I am a pensioner and get freebies currently due to my financial state of not working.

If it's possible to make such tubes it will be great and appreciative.  Just ordinary tubes which can be used as plastic, steel, glass or any type of texture. The ends can then fit together kind of.  In my case I want to do my own neon signs by putting all together as with this ice-cream idea in my render.  I have downloaded quite great models by you and what I see is really great and I appreciate it very much. You mention rigging and weight mapping!  Sounds difficult! :)

EDIT: Went through Spacebones gallery, he has cables and curved shapes, frames, rings, symbols, etc. In Bryce format which I can then open in Bryce and export as obj I think.  Only the rings from him is in .exe format.  Have no idea how this works to install.

Kind regards,

Laura

Post edited by launok on
    edited April 29

@Faeryl Womyn  -  I think you worked together with Peter from FA

@DollyGirl

Both of you, thank you reminding me of Spacebones stuff at ShareCG.

EDIT:  Downloaded it now, but the rings are all in .exe format?  How do I install these in Bryce?  I am not good with some formats.

In fact I have not used Bryce for many years, only Daz Studio.

Kind regards,

Laura

Post edited by launok on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,649

launok, all you have to do is double click on the exe and decide where you want to put the file that is extracted. I put the exe in a directory on my C drive called tempcontent. The exe seems to be like the old exe files that DAZ used to deliver content. Nothing fancy.