Coveralls

Something that bothers me about 3d Render Art is the lack of practical clothing for women. I've being trying to find some coveralls. I've searched for "Flight Suits" and "Air Force" and "Mechanic" and so on.

I'm not talking about some form-fitting, must-have-been-painted-on catsuit. I'm talking about a proper loose-fitting garment suitable to get some work done. For one thing, I think its sexy, and for another... Yeah, I've seen the "Mechanic" outfit here in the marketplace. Puh-leeze! No lady would be crawling around under cars in that get up!

Depending on the reception of this idea, I've got plenty of others. There's a real lack in nice functional clothing, and far too much of the curve-hugging, see the cleavage crap. Now I enjoy a nice catsuit as much as the next guy. But I'm also trying to render scenes that actually look they could come from my stories here. I'm pretty frustrated at this point, and I feel like this platform is holding me back. I wish I knew 3d modeling - but then I'd end up modeling constantly so maybe it's better than I don't delve into that.

I've looked through all the websites I could think of, and now implore the community to please consider some nice practical clothing, starting with some basic coveralls. For G8F preferably, but I'd figure out the fit if it were made for G3. I'm willing to jump through hoops to get this one. I don't think I'm the only person looking for stuff like this, either.

Thank you for reading, and I hope this sparks some creative person out there to produce some steller work.

NLIC.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 90K

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

It's older, but there is this https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/weldergirl/110649/ and this https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/toolboi-winter-collection/110662/

As for you thinking you can't be the only person looking for stuff like this, probably so, but still not enough compared to the less practical stuff that sells it seems.

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 2018

These should have all the functioning/utility look you need. For G2 male and Female but easily converts quite nicely to G8 using auto-fit. Have a look at my complete catalog as I rather specialize in clothing you would see on real people.

https://www.daz3d.com/blue-collar-basics-coveralls-for-genesis-2-males-and-females-bundle

Post edited by Aave Nainen on
  • There's a dynamic overall one at optitex's site on this page:

www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload06.php

It's for V4 but can work with other figures if done as an animated drape.

It's pretty loose but could be converted to dforce and adusted to shrink with those settings to get whatever look you need (don't ask me how as I haven't really delved into dforce yet)

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575

I was just thinking that this might work (Stripped of paraphenalia)

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-battle-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

Though it's still a little tight up top

• Ha. I post about his, and magically a dforce coveral set appears. For G8 Male, but hey. I know how to auto-fit. And I got Fit Control now to help out if it decides to shrink-wrap. Seemed like a good deal. I'm also going to try my hand at making that OptiTex one work, and will probably pick up the other suggestions as well. Thanks for the help.

Slight confession. I think coveralls are sexy. I think maybe it's because they're (generally) comfortable, and a lady who is comfortable is a beautiful thing. I do have that sci-fi battle suit - it came with a figure. It's fine for a skin-suit, but not quite what I was looking for. Though I've got some space stuff in mind.

Now I think I might, perhaps, create some fan-art of the best girl from cartoon land - April O'Neil!

~~LA

P.S. I also go by the name The Shredder (since 1995!) so you may be subjected to various random things that would all link back to my love of TMNT.

P.P.S. I started out with freebies. Now I'm a few hundred $$$ in. I've been hooked. And now feel confident enough that I'm goind to redo three of my book covers.

P.P.P.S. I've got four books out over on Amazon. Just run a search for "Lyle Aryn," and you'll find them. Check them out! Two are fantasy novels (Heart's Fire, Inferno's Wrath) with a bit of a Western flair to them, one is a heartwarming lesbian romance (The Princess and the Ogre), and the last (my first) is an adventure-romance-sci-fi (The Guardian). I'm actually quite terrible at this whole "Stick to a genre" thing. Being able to render a scene on my computer has been a blessing.

• Yup! Saw, bought it! Now I've got to play with it. On a related note. I've been pointed to stuff at OptiTex a few times now. Love the fashions there. But none of it auto-fits. I download the Daz file, but there is no autofit option. And yes, I am trying on Victoria 4. Is there some trick I'm missing? Should this be a new post?
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Yup! Saw, bought it! Now I've got to play with it. On a related note. I've been pointed to stuff at OptiTex a few times now. Love the fashions there. But none of it auto-fits. I download the Daz file, but there is no autofit option. And yes, I am trying on Victoria 4. Is there some trick I'm missing? Should this be a new post?

Optitex is dynamic only, meaning it works with the dynamic window in DS and has no bones like a conforming outfit does. Dynamic is similiar to dforce, but dforce items are usually rigged also unlike dynamic. Optitex is your only native option for dynamics inside DS, but there are two commercial options at Rendo that allow you to turn many conforming outfits/mesh into dynamic.

• Don't know if this will work for your or not but Ironman13 has a Warehouse Uniform that may work  https://www.daz3d.com/i13-warehouse-uniform

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575
    pwiecek said:

I was just thinking that this might work (Stripped of paraphenalia)

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-battle-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

Though it's still a little tight up top

Nevermind, this outfit is shirt & pants, not a coverall