PoserPro 2014 Pose "Zeroes" Question

Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
edited October 2013 in Poser Discussion

I have no idea how to search for this issue, so pardon if it has been asked.

Sometimes I have a character, typically a V4 or M4 variant, and I apply a pose. Then I notice that if I want to revolve the Body about its Y axis, the Y axis seems offset. Instead of revolving about itself, it has a zero someplace else in the scene. The character revolves in a circle rather than about itself. Is this an error or known glitch in Poser?? Or is this a special cirumstance I have to watch for?

I know this used to happen when I parented the figure to something else, (a car, wagon) so I stopped doing that, and stopped using poses from parented figures.

I would like to know what causes this, and how to correct it. Going to the joint editor and selecting "zero Pose" puts the character in its arms outstretched position, but does not reset the center of rotation.

If it makes any difference, I have a red plus sign and a green plus sign away from the character that seem to be associated with the offset rotation. I'd have to check which color is the "y" specifically at this point.

HOW CAN I RESET THE CENTER OF ROTATION?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Post edited by Consumer573 on

Comments

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited October 2013

DELETED. Just to keep the question simple.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,254
    edited December 1969

Most likely there are translations on the hip, which moves the actual model but leaves the root Body in place. Poses shouldn't do that, unless they are group poses (for multiple interacting figures or for a figure in side a prop such as a car) but they often do.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited October 2013

Thank you, Richard. No, there are no significant hip translations. I have even 'zeroed' the character via joint editor. But I think that the second part of your question may be the answer: They're not supposed to do that, but they do. It is a pain, because subsequent poses rarely reset the zero, and I sometimes have to delete the character and start a scene from scratch.

If you're still scanning this, maybe you can tell me what an 'original' pose is supposed to be versus a 'universal'? I have read the manual and the answer most of the time is recursive; the citation uses the term, and there is only one place that the definition is sort of spelled out. There, I get that one is character specific (original) and the other is not (universal), but what do they include/not include that differentiates the two?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,254
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure of the details of Poser's universal poses, but essentially they are set up in such a way that Poser should be able to adjust them to give more-or-less the same end result on any figure for which it has a definition file. Without that, differences in the zero sate of a figure (such as the down-pointing feet of the fourth generation DAZ figures compared with Genesis or the third generation) will mean that a given pose produces very different results on different figure types.