Genesis 2 in Poser

PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I have a problem with Genesis 2 in Poser.
I load Genesis 2 and she appears only for me to wait longer while a second Genesis 2 loads to be put into the Scene.

Also the projection times for Genesis Clothes make me just want to scream, it takes AGES for most clothe items.

Why do you sell the DSON Importer when it all does not work propperly in Poser?

I use Poser Pro 2014 on Mac.

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

A bit presumptuous to ask why they sell a product that doesn't work when there aren't many people reporting such issues, don't you think? Instead, the question should be why it's not working for you. I use Poser Pro 2012 on a PC and Genesis 2 works fine for me.

Do you have the latest version of the Importer? Also, do you have the very latest version of Poser? What I mean is, have there been any Service Releases that you haven't installed yet?

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 1969

Excuse me but DSON Importer with the Clothe items take AGES to project and that is with EACH and EVERY Clothe item.

With Genesis 2 also , when I load Genesis she appears 2 times and it takes AGES for her to load.

I have the latest DSON Importer version, I have Poser Pro 2014 and I have the latest SR for Poser Pro 2014.

I would not post this issue if it was not happening.

I would love to work with Genesis in Poser more often and would LOVE to buy more for Genesis and Genesis 2 but not when I can go and cook Dinner and eat it while a pair of Bikini Bottoms try to project so that I than can conform then which also takes time.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I believe that you're having an issue. But you asked why they sell the Importer if it doesn't work well in Poser. Don't you think that if it didn't work, there would be a whole lot more complaints? What needs to be figured out is why it doesn't work for you because clearly it's working well for others.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,445
    edited December 1969

The latest version of DSON is 1.1.1.17. which one do you have installed? The new one is suppose to increase load speeds considerably from what I've heard. I haven't actually tried it yet. I'm on 2012 still.

edited December 1969

I believe that you're having an issue. But you asked why they sell the Importer if it doesn't work well in Poser. Don't you think that if it didn't work, there would be a whole lot more complaints? What needs to be figured out is why it doesn't work for you because clearly it's working well for others.

I might have said a few harsh words about DSON, I mean, I am grateful that we can work with Genesis and I just use Dynamic cloth on them until I can figure out why it all lacks so much in speed for me when I try to put on clothes for them. sighh

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    The latest version of DSON is 1.1.1.17. which one do you have installed? The new one is suppose to increase load speeds considerably from what I've heard. I haven't actually tried it yet. I'm on 2012 still.

I go and check.

• hvtlhvtl Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Hello
    same bug, I opened a case in DAZ Helpdesk few month ago, I reinstall so many time POSER and DSON to respond recommendation of DAZ support Team that I can't count with no way

I use poser 2014 and DSON generate 2 models.
    But not for all since I updated to the last version and the updated some genesis models.

edited December 1969

hvtl said:
    Hello
    same bug, I opened a case in DAZ Helpdesk few month ago, I reinstall so many time POSER and DSON to respond recommendation of DAZ support Team that I can't count with no way

But not for all since I updated to the last version and the updated some genesis models.

The newest DSON Importer was just released 17 days ago. Here is the tread about it. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29777/

Try installing the new one and see if that helps

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    hvtl said:
    Hello

The newest DSON Importer was just released 17 days ago. Here is the tread about it. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29777/

Try installing the new one and see if that helps

I just installed it, I must have still had the old one installed.
    Now all projects much faster.
    THANK YOU.

edited December 1969

Glad it got sorted out for you

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Glad it got sorted out for you

I am very very happy now:)
    Now I can think of purchasing Genesis Products as I would do with V4. products. yeahhh

• hvtlhvtl Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I installed the 1.1.17 version maybe 2 weeks ago and of course it's better for some models but bug is really still there for some other.
    So ! Bug is not resolve.

One thing maybe !
    a genesis model after one update stop to create 2 instance independently of DSON update. So maybe bug is also provide by genesis models themself.