Chopper anyone?

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get a good helicopter model? Could be a .obj file or Daz or Poser etc...

Thanks in advance,

G

Comments

• geoff6geoff6 Posts: 250

Okay, found one!

G

• Oh, that kind of chopper. I thought you wanted one of these.

• Oh, that kind of chopper. I thought you wanted one of these.

Didn't Lorenzo Lamas ride one of those in Renegade?

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,937
    edited December 2018

Actually, upon seeing the thread title. my first thought was great big blade.  **giggles**

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

Yeah,

Headlines are all about grabbing attention. Actually, after I made my first post, I stopped taking the dumb tablets and searched for a helicopter on Daz... Duh! Good to have given somebody a giggle anyway.

Thanks folks!

G

• Yeah, there's probably a number of helicopters around and about for Daz Studio and Poser.  In fact, there's a sci-fi near-future copter for free right now at Renderosity's 2018 Christmas Giveway page thingy.  Took me awhile to figure out how to retract the landing gear and stuff, because simply clicking on that part of it, or the doors come to that, in Viewport didn't select the part... and then after I figured it out, I saw it in the instructions document.  Duh!  If there's a way to make the rotors blur in Iray while in flight, I haven't figured it out yet, though.  I suspect I may have to cheat and attach a big, thin cylindar for each of the rotors, add a generic blurred-blades shader to those, then set the blades to 100% transparent in Surfaces.

There's a generic blurred-blades shader?

Where, who, what?

Cheers,

G

• I suspect I'd have to make the blur in Paint.net, and adapt an existing shader to it by changing some of the images in it.  But, you're right, a blurring-aircraft-blades shader pack would be a useful product for someone to make and market, perhaps packaged with suitable, resizable, morphable blur-disc props..

• DarkEdgeDesignDarkEdgeDesign Posts: 488
    edited December 2018

cough https://www.daz3d.com/darkhawk-helicopter cough

Why make a blur when one is already included! laugh

Post edited by DarkEdgeDesign on