Importing BIG DS 4.6 scenes into Carrara 8.5?

FetitoFetito Posts: 481
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello!

I have a question regarding importing BIG DS 4.6 scenes into Carrara 8.5.

1) If I use BVH-animations on figures in DS and then I import the scene into C8, Carrara goes crazy loading A LOT of data. Is there a way to tell C8 that this is just a BHV-animation file? Is it better to animate directly inside of Carrara?

2) What about the camara and light settings? Do those get imported aswell? (So far I was unable to import them correctly)

Thank you!

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Hello!

I have a question regarding importing BIG DS 4.6 scenes into Carrara 8.5.

1) If I use BVH-animations on figures in DS and then I import the scene into C8, Carrara goes crazy loading A LOT of data. Is there a way to tell C8 that this is just a BHV-animation file? Is it better to animate directly inside of Carrara?

2) What about the camara and light settings? Do those get imported aswell? (So far I was unable to import them correctly)

Thank you!

The short answer is to get used to building your scenes in Carrara. It's not that hard, and in my limited experience, I could always load more figures into my 32 bit C7.2 Pro than in the equivalent version of D/S (maybe D/S 3 or something).

The long answer is that D/S really doesn't have editable keyframes (or at least it didn't,and so you couldn't really "see" all the data a bvh file has. Try loading a bvh file on a figure in Carrara and you will actually see the keyframes that are generated. Poser bvh files will work best.

Can't tell you about cameras, but historically lights from D/S haven't imported in my experience. With C8.5 that may have changed.

• FetitoFetito Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

@evilproducer: Thank you for the advise!