Bryce 5.5 content kit: volume 1

radarradar Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

i bought this package the other day and installed it on my PC but i cant seem to get all the content into my libraries. the 30 islands was a snap, but when i try to load the sky, trees and bushes it doesn't cooperate. i am positive it is user error and i need someone to give me a helping hand. the content was sent to C/program files/daz3d/bryce7/presets. i open Bryce 7, and then go to the create menu and the sideways triangle and it takes me to the objects menu. then i go to trees and click import and it opens up a small windows dialogue box that has the DAZ terrains and it says open. when i got to files above i can get the folders to appear but when i try to open it says there are no files present. i am not sure what i am doing wrong. it gets frustrating when you score new objects and cant get them to load. help needed .
thanks,
radar :sick:

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

About one minute into this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs9490Co-XE there is a short guide to where to find latest version of Horo's pdf that offers details on where bits of content should be located. If that doesn't help, let us know and I'll get back to you after work.

• radarradar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i still cant get the content into the Bryce presets or user folders. i am kinda slow so it is hard to figure out.
    help.
    thanks,
    radar

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited September 2013

radar; What I do is create a new folder on my desktop(name it what ever you want) and install everything to that folder......Then you can open that to see what you want to put in your Bryce program.....This is just an example of the sky part........Trish p.s. I do it this way so I can pull it back out if I don't want it later....but if you have windows 7 you have to go into the hidden files to do that...The objects and materials are different ......objects... open Bryce ....file import object point it to your file you created.......materials......open Bryce click on any green object Square is good....click on m=materials....user .....create a name for the new file....click import point it to one of your .mat files and Bryce will bring them in. The video is probably a lot easier than the way I do things...but I have just gotten used to this way.

wait10.jpg
    800 x 600 - 219K
    wait1.jpg
    446 x 647 - 118K
    dir.jpg
    565 x 371 - 147K
    Post edited by Trish on