The Three Carrarateers raid Mad Town!

13»

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

I need to remember to save time for Bristol!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

I've got a weekend booked in Cardiff later this year.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    PhilW said:

I've got a weekend booked in Cardiff later this year.

Cardiff is a big place. If you get time do try and visit St Fagans. Mind you it needs a whole day to do it justice.

I was down there for the weekend last November and we went to St Fagans - a great place! I am a big fan of a band called Magenta, they play a special acoustic gig every year at Acapela outside Cardiff, that's what I was down there for last year and doing it again this year.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    PhilW said:

I was down there for the weekend last November and we went to St Fagans - a great place! I am a big fan of a band called Magenta, they play a special acoustic gig every year at Acapela outside Cardiff, that's what I was down there for last year and doing it again this year.

Ah  right.      That gig sounds like it could be fun

By Bristol, I meant Bristol, Wisconsin. ;)

Interesting historical note: There are many British city names in Wisconsin and other places in the Midwest, because some of the early railroads had British investors. So it is not uncommon to find British and European place names (as well as family names) for towns along the rail lines or old rail lines as some have been abandoned and torn up. In my area, Stratford comes to mind for an English town, and Athens comes to mind for a European city. Neither one had ethnicities from their name sakes settle there. They were old railroad towns.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited June 2018

Speaking of which....

The Bristol Renaissance Faire opens July 7th this year and runs every weekend through September 3rd.

http://renfair.com/bristol/

Anyone in the Illinois/Wisconsin area (or further afield if you don't mind the travel) interested in possibly going and meeting up there this year?

I'm kind of tentatively thinking about Saturday July 28th (mostly because a band I like called Steam Powered Giraffe will be playing there that day wink).

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
    MDO2010 said:

Speaking of which....

The Bristol Renaissance Faire opens July 7th this year and runs every weekend through September 3rd.

http://renfair.com/bristol/

Anyone in the Illinois/Wisconsin area (or further afield if you don't mind the travel) interested in possibly going and meeting up there this year?

I'm kind of tentatively thinking about Saturday July 28th (mostly because a band I like called Steam Powered Giraffe will be playing there that day wink).

Hmmm... My birthday is just a couple days prior to that. Maybe I can convince the wifey to take me there for my birthday. It's only three hours away. wink

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited October 2019

This year The Three Carrarateers convention was held at my house!

I picked up Garstor from the airport Sunday, and evilproducer came the next day. 

evilproducer and I shared a fascinating pile of techniques we've both been using/experimenting with in our daily Carrara activities as Garstor absorbed it all. Garstor is still a LightWavier, which is totally cool with me. I love seeing what he does as he hones his skills in 3D. evilproducer and I still jibe at him that we can do all of that in Carrara too, but he doesn't budge! LOL

The cool old hotel that they stayed at turns out to be of of the first four buildings ever built in this city (I still have a hard time calling this place a "city"!) and now has a live-in dog, who is a wonderful greeter, but has the tendancy to jump right up onto the guest's bed!

On evilproducer's final full day, I took them up one side of the Door Peninsula and back down the other. Our first stop being Cave Point, which did not disappoint to live up to it's thunderous reputation as the waves crash into the caves they've been working on since the peninsula was first formed.

(image courtesy of Garstor and his awesome photography/photoshop skills)

Left to right: Garstor, evilproducer, Dartanbeck

Three Guys.jpg
    3728 x 2982 - 4M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    I had a great time Dart!

OMG, Those cheese curds were (were) Awesome! So was (was) the Bacon!!! Now for the Guda! smiley

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited October 2019

couldn't help myself!  devil  angel  yes

3Carrarateers.jpg
    700 x 485 - 273K
    Post edited by Stezza on

OMG, Those cheese curds were (were) Awesome! So was (was) the Bacon!!! Now for the Guda! smiley

They sure are good! Those that don't know the joy of curds (and bacon) don't know what they are missing!

edited October 2019

@StezzaKarara, that is great!

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Mmm we can take them on virtual trips yes

Maybe a cutout enlightened

Great that the three of you are still meeting up, I'm glad you had a good time.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

The three muskateers!   Love seeing you guys.... and glad you can meet up. More pics please!  yes Silene

edited October 2019

I am working on one

it will be animated!

carraraists0002.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 447K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

More pics. These from evilproducer

CavePoint_EP01.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 141K
    WetGars.png
    1080 x 608 - 1M

I absolutely love your photo editing! :)

edited October 2019

Ha its a cutout blimp surrounded by Loretta lowrez Hooters girls!

I did give Garstor an extra right foot and shin though

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Wendy - lovin' that!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    PhilW said:

Wendy - lovin' that!

heart  Silene

video

LOL! Now that's just Wrong! :)

Very cool work little sister!

edited October 2019

go Wendy..... yes

Beam me up Scotty ..... 

3CarrarateersWarped.jpg
    800 x 566 - 333K
    Post edited by Stezza on

go Wendy..... yes

Beam me up Scotty ..... 

Oh... I really like this! Make it so, Number One! smiley

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Y'all are so amazing, creative, and fun. 

Wendy, if I haven't said it before, you are my hero (or heroine).  Stezza, I think we need the Carrarators to hang out with green Orion gals in Misty's side challenge.

edited October 2019

sounds like a great idea @Diomede

especially when they've been hanging around with the Munsters!

3CarrarateersMunstered.jpg
    700 x 502 - 246K
    Post edited by Stezza on

So Awesome!!!