Piercings for Genesis 8 Males

Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
edited December 2018 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

I'm looking for face/body piercings bigger than Neikdian's Piercings, they are too thin almost invisible in the render.
But thinner than Vunter Slaush's nipple piercings which are too big.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870
    edited December 2018

I don't know of anything specific for G8, I'm afraid.

However, Neikdian's piercings are mostly props attached to rigid follow nodes, so they can be scaled larger, if needed. You'll need to move them around a bit after, but that's not too difficult. (For that matter, Vunter Slaush's are also props attached to rigid follow nodes, so they can be scaled smaller.)

Other than that, depending on what type of piercing you want, it might work to use M4/V4 smart props and parent them to G8M. Cool Tuna has some old but still serviceable Poser props at their site: http://www.cooltuna.com/poser/poser-freebies.html

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,215

Piercing is such a broad spectrum of things to cover and there are relatively few products on the market. It would be well worth your time to learn how to make your own. Just google daz studio rigid follow node tutorial (the best result is NSFW). Some basic modeling knowledge is required but it will pay off a lot.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited December 2018

@vwrangler

Thank you very much for the link !

Rescaling the props is a good idea but I think the diameter of the cylinder is still a little thin or big.

Depending on the shape (ring, curved stud, ...), it's not always easy to obtain a good result.

For example, the nipple ring.

1. Black ring : Vunter Slaush's piercing, scale : 100%
    2. Blue ring : Neikdian's piercing, scale : 200%

piercing.jpg
    454 x 416 - 27K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

If you just need a ring, go to CREATE - NEW PRIMITIVE - TORUS and play with the settings till you get a ring the correct size and add a metal shader to it.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited December 2018

@FSMCDesigns

Good idea ! I didnt know it was possible to create a ring. Thank you !