vertex object modeling

I'm in the vertex modeler using the top down camera view and the polyline tool.

I have snap to grid selected. After placing a number of points, I can use Model>Fill polygon to see the shape I've drawn.

I'm not seeing any edges however (actually, i can see a couple where lines were drawn at angles) - but I can't simply select vertices and link them and have edge show up.

And in some cases where I go to link vertices, my only option is to 'unlink' and the 'link' option under model is grayed out - so if these are alrteady linked, I'm not sure why a line isn't showing and I can't select an edge between them.

Is there a simple setting I'm missing or something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help. (haven't used this in a long time)

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI Mosk :)

from the top view, you'll see the grid,. and the lines will be exactly on top of those,. you can switch off the display of the grid in the view,. or switch to a multi-view option so you can see the directors camera and the top view, this won't effect your snap to grid, it'll still snap to the relative spacing set in the view/grid options.

if you're using the polyline tool,. then edges should be created when you create two vertices,. onle you create your "outline",. i should be selectable, and "if its a closed line" then you should be able to fill polygon (Ctrl F)

the lining / unlinking thing is difficult to guess at without a pic or two.

• Hey @3DAGE - thank you. Switching off the display allowed me to see the edges. Walked back through the steps and everything working as expected now.

Always appreciate your help. Wish you the best for the holiday season.