Emotional Rescue

TerritanTerritan Posts: 76
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

All right, it had been a while; I'd gotten rusty with Carrara in the interim. But now I'm looking at the figures and modeling again, maybe planning out some sort of animated scene, so I loaded up Genesis, checked the dials...

...and it seems that Genesis's emotions run the gamut from A to B. I count only four dials to control expression, and those are Angry, Concentrate, Fear, and Glare.

1. Where's the smiling, happy expression? Do I have to do that manually?

2. Not everyone uses the exact same muscles to register the same emotions, and some people just start off looking angry, or happy, or something other than neutral. I can set up default features on any given character, but can I roll my own emotions as dials for individual characters? That would make #1 above so much easier.

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

The other expression presets are sold separately, unless you happen to have bought the Genesis head and body shapes when they were first released. Back then there was a limited time bundle of some sort...

Anyway, either roll your own using the existing morphs or buy presets made by DAZ or 3rd parties. Of couse it should also be possible to use the vertex modeler to make your own morphs, but that currently cannot be done as far as I know.