Medieval Dress (Soon to be released)

ShiftingImagesShiftingImages Posts: 67
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi Everyone,

Here's my latest product soon to be released in the market. It's a conforming and morphing dress inspired by the series game of thrones. The goal was to turn the clothing into something more flexible so it can cover a variety of genre. Also, I wanted to give the clothing some identity but not so much so that it remains flexible to how the artist would portray it. Hope you like ;)

C-SI-MG-PROMO_5.jpg
1233 x 800 - 181K
C-SI-MG-PROMO_4.jpg
1233 x 800 - 172K
C-SI-MG-PROMO_3.jpg
915 x 900 - 184K
C-SI-MG-PROMO_2.jpg
700 x 1060 - 137K
C-SI-MG-PROMO_1.jpg
700 x 1060 - 139K

Comments

• ShiftingImagesShiftingImages Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Here's the back view

C-SI-MG-PROMO_6.jpg
    600 x 908 - 91K
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 1969

I love how it flows and the paint-like atmosphere in your renders fit the theme very nicely!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but in one of the images it seems the sleeves can be adjusted shorter?

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,810
    edited December 1969

Warning: in keeping with the "Game of Thrones" theme, wearers of this attractive garment can expect to be tormented, terrorized, hounded by brutal enemies, betrayed, coerced, disfigured, and possibly beheaded. Wear at your own risk.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Looks very nice! Well, I don't wanna be a meaniepants, but my first thought when I saw "Game of Thrones" was: "Yeah, of course, that's Varys' outfit!"

edited December 1969

Hi Estroyer,

yup, was going for a paint like atmosphere ;). If you wish, may also download the background I used in the promos for free if you haven't yet. Altho, some modifications on the mountain were made in that particular render. Here's the link: http://www.sharecg.com/v/70351/related/21/DAZ-Studio/Shifting-Images-Free-Stuff-Mountain-Scene

as for the sleeves, yes, it can be shortened but only to an extent wherein the figure's "bones" are not affected, so that the clothing doesn't become distorted :)

Hi angusm,

I know what you mean ;) I also went to your gallery at my own risk and found wonderful images. Can't operate now from a perspective of fear now can we? So into your gallery and resources page I went =P

edited December 1969

Hi Barubary,

haahahahahahaha! yeah! The outfit would have an identity crisis if it were fitted to Varys'. It's an inviting idea =P

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 1969

Awesome, thanks for the downloads ^^

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Gorgeous outfit. From kimono to bathrobe in a few shader clicks. ;)

angusm said:
    Warning: in keeping with the "Game of Thrones" theme, wearers of this attractive garment can expect to be tormented, terrorized, hounded by brutal enemies, betrayed, coerced, disfigured, and possibly beheaded. Wear at your own risk.

LOL
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317
    edited December 1969

Gorgeous, it would have made a wonderful mage outfit.
    I don't suppose there's any chance you can do it for Genesis as well as G2F?

edited December 1969

Hi scorpio64dragon,

It could be refitted to Genesis via Auto-Fit but I suppose that's not the answer you're looking for. I suppose I might do a version for Genesis depending on several factors. We shall see :)

Here's an illustration of the clothing auto-fitted to Genesis with the help of a "push modifier" (the Push Modifier can be found under Edit -> Object -> Geometry if anyone wishes to know) However, the movement handles would be lost if the dress were re-fitted to Genesis via this route.

About the illustration, I followed thru the idea of fitting the outfit to my own version of Varys below. Altho, Varys should be a tad bit more chiseled than my humble attempt. To all Varys fans, I apologize in advance =P

Hi Vaskania,

Thanks a bunch ;)

The white shader is actually the default one. It's colorable in a sense that the depth and bump maps were applied but the diffuse color and texture slots can be altered as the user deems fit. ;)

C-varys.jpg
    600 x 908 - 101K
  • tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

I'd be all over a Genesis 1 version for what it is worth.

• MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Beautiful! I can't wait to buy this!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317
    edited December 1969

Thanks
    I really do hope you will do a Genesis version, although it does appear to autofit very well.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

wow ! amazing set !

edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments everyone :) and for your input on refitting the clothing mesh to a Genesis 1 Figure. It helps to be aware that some artist would still prefer G1 over G2F. I'll keep that in mind ;)

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Well that Varys render looks absolutely fabulous ;D

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Actually refits from Gene 1 to Gene 2 are better since Gene 2 has better weight mapping so clothing that's converted works quite well. I don't buy allot for Gene 02 unless it's a dress so if you release for both I might get both.

edited December 1969

Thanks Barubary.:)

Hi RAMWolff,

Agreed. Tho, I do find Genesis versatile to a fault but that's just my opinion. Great morph packs by the way ;)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Why thank you! I hope your enjoying my efforts! :-)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,493
    edited December 1969

I'm another who would vote for genesis 1 version! for what it's worth, would this go well with parts of your other sets on top? could you put your armor on top (for example, just the shoulders) or the blood queen hip parts?? Because that would be bizarrely awesome :P Sorry for being totally random....

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I'm stoked to see this for G2F, definitely!

-- Morgan

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Definitely will buy the G2F version of this one :) Love the flow and the texture look.

edited December 1969

Hi Everyone,

Would just like to announce that this has been released since 10/16/2013

Hi belovedalia,

I tried your suggestion and placed the Tenera armor on top of the Dress. Every armor part in the image below would fit simply by changing the "Collision Item" settings to "SI Medieval Dress". The Tasset portion of the armor required a bit of help from a push modifier :)

Thanks everyone for the comments! They've been inspiring to say the least :)

C-armorgown.jpg
    700 x 1060 - 131K