Toon Cat

A toon cat similer to the cat Sylvester (Loony Toons, Sylvester and Tweety). Especially the way he walks, upright on his back legs. Like how the 3Duniverse Toon Mouse walks.

I need a toon cat to chase my 3Duniverse toon mouse.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

Cool idea!  But it cannot look just like Sylvester but something similar?

• There's Noodle the Toon Cat by 3D Universe. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

There's Noodle the Toon Cat by 3D Universe. 

Wow!  I got Noodle already!

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128

Well there is https://www.daz3d.com/texturebundle-kitties-vol1-for-melody2 ---- but it costs $60.00

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    mrposer said:

Well there is https://www.daz3d.com/texturebundle-kitties-vol1-for-melody2 ---- but it costs $60.00

These things do go on sale. I bought so much of that brand and managed to buy that item on March 20 2017 for $8.40. I love perfect examples of what appears to be original art vs derived art, and by that I mean, derivitative art is something only copyright owners of the original art have the exclusive right to produce or reproduce. And althought I have registered and have certificates of both both trademarked and copyrights of my characters and catch phrases, general copyright is an automatic once the work is completed,in a tangible form, providing of course it truly is an original work of art. The only benefit to a certified registration and /or copyright is the right to sue and the ownership right stengthens. Original art looks nothing like an original and is typically a unique piece of work, whic is why a similar sylvester is a no no.

Cool idea!  But it cannot look just like Sylvester but something similar?

It cannot be similar but must be different.

A toon cat similer to the cat Sylvester (Loony Toons, Sylvester and Tweety). Especially the way he walks, upright on his back legs. Like how the 3Duniverse Toon Mouse walks.

And thankfully poses appear to be outside of the copyright realm which is why a unique upright walk on the back legs character is often used seen at DAZ (Josh C and Alexandro and others).

Here is a true life example of copyright and devrivative-works law. Originally when S. Meyers (while a green author who struggled with query letters and rejections) wrote Twilight she encouraged and granted derivative rights and bipassed DRM rights. She supported fan fiction on her original website (poof gone). E.L. James under the title of Master of the Universe, retained both original characters named Bella and Edward, and used 90% of the original twilight text and a new derivative was born. James started the fan fiction, in episodes, because the twilight fan base felt Bella was plain, frumpy, whimpy, needy and too morally prissy and should be more sexually agressive and was a poor match for Edward). Maybe E.L. James screenshot the permissions from the old site Meyer's brother maintained for her, like I did, knowing the offer might be later retracted (it happens like it happened with the Holiday Loyalty Offer). I did the screenshot ( not interested in copycatting Meyers) because I thought it would prove to be an interesting article later in life and suspected she or her publisher would later retract such. Surprisingly Meyer's publisher did sue a different fan fiction author and estopple that publication (despite being considered less of an infringement than Jame's work) probably because that author had no written proof of DRM releases other than hearsay. I suspect E.L. James did the same screenshot I did, which is why Meyers cannot sue E.L James despite the fact E.L James 'supposedly' caused Meyers to cancel her Midnight Sun Novel (she cancelled it because it got leaked years prior). Meyers view on E.L James was highly supportive before Jame's success.  After E.L. James skyrocketed off the charts, Meyers called the work 'too smutty' for her. Interestingly while Meyers received 750,000 for her Twilight three book series, James got a 7 figure offer for her book. Despite works being copywrite protected when drawn or written, the true test is if a copyritten is different enough from any original to be recognized as an entirely different piece of work but it can be a twisted clone if the author relinquishes such rights and foregoes DRM

The reason I chose DAZ vs free sites is that the license is clear, I pay for the license and I get great art I can legitimately use. I could never use a Sylvesterish character in any published work (maybe for a critique) but Noodles is a different animal and maybe 3D universe should create a new upright Noodles that walks on two legs like Puss 'n Boots, Sylvestor and Cat in the Hat did.

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited January 2019

Can't believe I forgot about this one: Millennium Cat/Toonimal Cat Puss n Boots

Maybe 3DU will also release a cat companion to their recently released Pugsley the Stylized Pug.

Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Maybe 3DU will release a cat companion to their recently released Pugsley the Stylized Pug.

How cute would that be. I bet that cat would run away from 3D and come home to Pugsley who spends his days chasing Noodles around my christmas tree.

• There is a toon cat over at renderosity. Which I have used. Does work in dazstudio.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/tomcat/16787