Unstick Figures

DaveYoungDaveYoung Posts: 20
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi All,
When I load Poser figures into Carrara, most of the time they stick and can't be moved. I'm guessing it's due to IK constraints and I don't know how to free them.

Comments

• mikomodamikomoda Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

studio said:
    Hi All,
    When I load Poser figures into Carrara, most of the time they stick and can't be moved. I'm guessing it's due to IK constraints and I don't know how to free them.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean - so try to disable the collision detection*. Maybe this fixes your problem?

* the tiny button with the 3 spheres above the sceneview

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Sometimes, figures will come in conformed to another object in the scene. Make sure that the object is not conformed.

If this is genesis, try making sure actor is selected, not genesis.

• DaveYoungDaveYoung Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Nope, One of the figures is a Sydney G2 female. I've selected just the figure, disabled use constraints, use collision detection and lock child objects. I'm using the version 8.0 trial in 32 bit right now so I don't have the genesis available. Any other ideas? Thanks for you help.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

studio said:
    Nope, One of the figures is a Sydney G2 female. I've selected just the figure, disabled use constraints, use collision detection and lock child objects. I'm using the version 8.0 trial in 32 bit right now so I don't have the genesis available. Any other ideas? Thanks for you help.

Try turning constraints on as that's for the joints and other objects with constraints applied, and then also turn off collision detection to see if that helps. Where is the lock child objects? Is that in the motion menu or IK or something? That could also be an issue. With rigging, for instance, if you select the shoulder and have the child objects locked, that would lock all of the other arm and hand bones in place.

It may help to see a screen shot or two of some of your scene and settings to get a better idea of what's going on.

edited December 1969

Here are some sections so you can see. I hope it's big enough. I've tried turning everything off and on and the still won't move from that spot. They do be and pose though

Stuck.gif
    1680 x 1050 - 309K
    edited December 1969

ncamp said:
    Sometimes, figures will come in conformed to another object in the scene. Make sure that the object is not conformed.

If this is genesis, try making sure actor is selected, not genesis.

Yep. That was the problem but I didn't know where to look. I just accidentally found it. Thanks for your help.