Up to date and good Daz tutorials

The current sale of ressources prompted this question :

There are many tutorials on sale. And many that are warmly recommended in the forum. On top of it, there's a disting lack of a comprehensive manual for Daz studio. But, first, many are quite pricey, or even *very costly* (I saw one for around $ 300, for instance, I think the highest price tag I've seen so far in Daz's shop). And second, since the date of release is never mentioned in the shop, many of them could be completely outdated. I don't want to buy a costly tutorial, and then realize that I have to search everywhere for every single control because it was intended for a 2011 version of Daz, or find out that this acclaimed lighting tutorial dates back from before Iray and doesn't cover it at all. 

So, which would be some Daz tutorials that are both great and up to date?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited January 2019

Date of release should be available in the readme.
    To access the readme for a product use this URL with the correct product sku: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/<sku>/start
    If you have the Daz Deals browser add-on you'll have a link directly on the product page.

Good tutorials take time and ressources to create, so yes, they can be quite expensive. As for tutorials costing hundreds of dollars like this one, it's actually a bundle of 6 tutorials, explaining in details how the artist created complex products, which explains the price...

As for great tutorial suggestions, what kind of subjects are you interested in? Using content? Lighting? Materials? Animation? Content creation? Postwork? Other subjects?

Post edited by Leana on