Cannot adjust camera properly

ArtieSArtieS Posts: 11
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi all,

I'm very new to Carrara (8.5 Pro on Win 7 64), so I probably missed something. I used Landscape Wizard to create a terrain and placed a house in the scene. Now when I try to position the camera it takes huge steps on the x axis (that points into the depth of the image in my case). The only way to show the house in the desired size was to manually type the value into the text field on the Motion tab.
Here is a screenshot of the result:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60356349/ZoomedIn.png
And this happens when I move the scroll wheel a tiny bit to "zoom out":
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60356349/ZoomedOut.png

Is there an option I missed, or a keyboard shortcut to lower the mouse sensitivity?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

You're building your scene in a large scale scene, so the camera movement is scaled up. You can change the scene magnitude on the fly, by selecting the scene from the instances list on the lower right side of the screen, then clicking the interface tab at the top of the screen. Change the scene magnitude to medium and then click the change scene magnitude button.

To instantly move the camera to an object or group, select the object or group, and then press 0 (zero).

You can also upload screen caps directly to the forum provided they are under 2000x2000 pixels. The forum accepts .jpg, .png and .gif (including animated).

To upload more than one image (up to five per post) browse to the image and then hit the Preview Post button. Do this for each image you wish to upload.

Picture_2.png
    244 x 688 - 54K
  • dr_berniedr_bernie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your camera scale being 1000% could also be the problem. Set it to 25% or so and you will get much slower and much smoother camera movements when scrolling the mouse wheel.

• ArtieSArtieS Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

evilproducer, dr_bernie,

thank you very much, your tips work great. When I change the scene magnitude and lower the camera scale at the same time, the camera movement is almost too smooth :)
    So now I know the settings to control the camera behaviour, let the fun begin...