Multiple arms.

I'm a big fan of classic Harryhausen films. I should get that out of the way. I want to use one as a basis for a little RPG campaign I'm planning, and would REALLY like to do a bunch of renders to spur the players on. I've found an excellent "Lamia" model over on Renderosity for G8F, but what I'd really like to find is multiple arms, rigged and modeled correctly. Four and Six. And if it had support for at least lower-half garments? Even better. Who knows - get it up on Daz and maybe someone else will come around and create clothes for it. We got a good centaur model. I think it's time we showed some love to other mythilogical beings. And seriously - why no update for V4 Medusa? She looks good but majority of my clothing is for Genesis 3 or 8!

On a related note. Anybody get the Medusa hair for V4 working on a genesis 8 model? I think the "Gorgon for Genesis 2" hair model is terrible.

Comments

• I don't think the four arms for genesis 1 is available. Don't know if this is helpful but here's a like to something from Powerage's store:  https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/mecha-tentacles-for-g3f-g8f-g3m-g8m/126860/

• MechasarMechasar Posts: 202

Maybe something like this?

https://www.daz3d.com/the-dark-lord

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

On a related note. Anybody get the Medusa hair for V4 working on a genesis 8 model? I think the "Gorgon for Genesis 2" hair model is terrible.

With any older hair models, just load them and do not autofit, but position it in place and then parent to the head, should work fine in most cases

• Mechasar said:

It's a start, I guess. Not exactly Kali, but... I got time. I'll keep an eye out. This would work great for a Goro-type creature, though!

With any older hair models, just load them and do not autofit, but position it in place and then parent to the head, should work fine in most cases

I was wondering if anyone has tried it with this hair, yet. I like seeing other people's work!

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528
    Mechasar said:

The problem with stand-alone fingures, no or not enough poses for them.  

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

If this is a still, you could duplicate the character and hide what you don’t need with the geometry tool. 

• Yeah a new Genesis 8 four arms or six arms would be cool , in like a bundle with supporting clothes and poses both for female and male.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

There used to be a product called Four Arms for Genesis, but it seems to have left the store. That's a pity, because for all its limitations -- morphs applied to the main body didn't copy across to the additional arms, and there were sometimes some texturing issues -- it was a neat product, and good for creating monsters (such as this one, and this one).

From the fact that no one has yet produced another geograft product like Four Arms for newer generations, I assume that there are some serious technical challenges involved. Still, there might be a certain amount of demand for such a thing.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

I've thought of doing a multiarm geograft several times, but... yes, the technical challenges are huge, combined with limited market.

Beyond the technical challenge of getting extra arms placed and rigged, there are questions about how to deal with textures, and the countless other morphs to try to be compatible. Morphs like Heavy and Tall won't magically look fine with the arms, you have to go in and add additional shapes to the extra arms, and ideally have it turn out looking mostly like the main arms.

That's... hard

So you are looking at a project that would take a lot longer than typical products, while also selling way less.

So I hope somebody someday is crazy enough to do it anyway, but it's not likely to be me. ;)

In the meantime, I've had pretty decent results by creating an additional figure, hiding most of it, parenting to the main character with collision, and faking it (sort of like how a bunch of people did centaurs before Centaur 7)

• Oso3D said:

I've thought of doing a multiarm geograft several times, but... yes, the technical challenges are huge, combined with limited market.

Beyond the technical challenge of getting extra arms placed and rigged, there are questions about how to deal with textures, and the countless other morphs to try to be compatible. Morphs like Heavy and Tall won't magically look fine with the arms, you have to go in and add additional shapes to the extra arms, and ideally have it turn out looking mostly like the main arms.

That's... hard

So you are looking at a project that would take a lot longer than typical products, while also selling way less.

So I hope somebody someday is crazy enough to do it anyway, but it's not likely to be me. ;)

In the meantime, I've had pretty decent results by creating an additional figure, hiding most of it, parenting to the main character with collision, and faking it (sort of like how a bunch of people did centaurs before Centaur 7)

I'll play around with it. Part of me wants to do an image of a multi-armed gal wrapped in mummy-like wraps, standing outside a store window displayed several cute tops with a sad look on her face. Now I got to go look for mummy wraps!
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831
    Oso3D said:

That's... hard

I'll play around with it. Part of me wants to do an image of a multi-armed gal wrapped in mummy-like wraps, standing outside a store window displayed several cute tops with a sad look on her face. Now I got to go look for mummy wraps!

I think RawArt's Nefertina comes with some wraps. A lot of bandages also migrated over from Runtime DNA; they're for V4, but they might auto-fit OK to newer generations.