VR-Support in Daz Studio. A long-awaited thing?

Hi.
I hope it belongs here because it should be a product suggestion.
(Sorry btw. for my broken English).

I'm really interested in one thing.
Is not it possible technically that I let my scene render virtually, that I could fly around in it with VR glasses in order to look at it? It's all about admiring the scene. How nice would it be to surf in it and to look at everything.
That's exactly how I always do it with Iray. Unfortunately not very comfortable.
Would not it be wonderful to be able to see VR in his scene to see?

Is it even possible for Teschnisch to render the scene not just 2D but 3D for a VR goggle? For all that I'm waiting a few minutes for the rendered Virtual Scene, which I've painstakingly created.

Would not that be the future and would bring a fresh breeze to the whole, without much effort and change the software itself?

It would be so wonderful! What do you all mean?

Comments

• I wouldn't hold my breath nor expect something like this any time soon. You have to consider the fact that to accomplish what you're suggesting, an entire scene would need to be rendered TWICE simultaneously and constantly from two different angles during navigation through it. Even if a VR feature like that were available for Daz, most would have to dramatically cut down the level of detail just to make it run smoothly. Technically, you can create a VR animation rendering using 2 carefully placed cameras(left eye & right eye) in a scene, but you'll still have to render everything twice and somehow integrate/synchronize them together for VR viewing.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited January 2019

your best bet is to export it as an obj to Unreal Game engine UDK

rigged characters can be FBX exported and retargeted to the third person Blueprint too or just exported animated as props

you can cook it then and play it like a game

DAZ could do it if they wanted to but I wouldn't hold my breath either but not using iray, it would likely need to be openGL and even then scenes could get too heavy

only way it could feasably be done is with decimation and some sort of lighting and texture baking like a cooked game

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited January 2019

a DAZ character retargetted in a UDK demo scene and extras using ragdoll physics I struggle to get DAZ scenes in in one go and usually don't bother but certainly doable it needs to be for your own use or interactive licenses bought for items used to share the cooked game

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • PascalHornPascalHorn Posts: 1
    edited January 2019

Thanks for your answers. So I understand, that would have to be rendered twice for each eye. And that one would need potent calculators to get the level of detail in a reasonable time. It would still be a great merit to be in the scene somehow right inside and look around who you've built. I do not even want to change anything in this moment. It is a pity that I probably have to wait a long time for something like this :( I almost only use the Iray render to move around in my scene. That's a lot of fun. The 2D render is just fun for me. The 3D render would be the actual goal to have the most fun with such a "scene-building kit".

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Hello you can show the DaZ 3d models with Masterpiece VR