Carrara hair and other hair formats

I know Philemo is enjoying his time off as best as he can being rudely relieved of his laptop broken heart

this is why none of us can have nice things

some deadbeats have to steal from others instead of working like the rest of us angry

but if anyone else has any ideas I did notice opening a Carrara hair file uncompressed in notepad it is in plain text

it actually gives vertex co-ordinates and rotations

of course I don't have the skills to write a script to convert other hairs to Carrara hairs but given it is all geometry in co-ordinate space I believe it would be possible to execute some notepad++  macros or something to turn say a transmapped hair an obj file into a Carrara hair file for those gifted in such stuff. the opposite of Philmo's mesh conversion, of course that hair would need to grow on something so that also needs to be included maybe the scalp 

just an idea

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

great lateral thinking Wendy 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

I know Philemo is enjoying his time off as best as he can being rudely relieved of his laptop broken heart

some deadbeats have to steal from others instead of working like the rest of us angry

but if anyone else has any ideas I did notice opening a Carrara hair file uncompressed in notepad it is in plain text

of course I don't have the skills to write a script to convert other hairs to Carrara hairs but given it is all geometry in co-ordinate space I believe it would be possible to execute some notepad++  macros or something to turn say a transmapped hair an obj file into a Carrara hair file for those gifted in such stuff. the opposite of Philmo's mesh conversion, of course that hair would need to grow on something so that also needs to be included maybe the scalp 

just an idea

Holy cow, Wendy... what a revelation! Good detective work!

This makes my gears turn towards wondering if one could edit its dynamics calculation results in an animation to resolve jitter. I'm sure it would be a headache+++, but maybe worth it? Dunno. Might have to try it!

BTW, do you ever rest from being such a genius?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

just an idea

Holy cow, Wendy... what a revelation! Good detective work!

This makes my gears turn towards wondering if one could edit its dynamics calculation results in an animation to resolve jitter. I'm sure it would be a headache+++, but maybe worth it? Dunno. Might have to try it!

BTW, do you ever rest from being such a genius?

the information is usesless to me

but what I am saying is it is not encrypted you can read the co-ordinates and moves of the hairs

there is of course an awful lot of them

Would be nice if there was some sort of algorithm that can read point A, B, and C (or even if only just A & B I'd be happy) and be able to auto-edit everything in between to create smooth transitions

BTW, love your Cat girl GIF! ;)