Reinstalling V4 and all her junk

Philippi_ChildPhilippi_Child Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi all,

I had to re install poser Pro 2012 and 2014 and I want to know how to put V4 and all her crap back into Poser Pro. Since you can now download her using a zip file as an option from Daz how do I install V4? Can she just be unzipped to the correct folders or do I need to use the installers instead? Can I install her to a external runtime or to where the Poser.exe file lives?

Thanks!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,445
    edited October 2013

You should just be able to un-zip it to where you want it. A lot of people un-zip to a temp folder then move the files to there categorized folders

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,790
    edited December 1969

If you unzip they will end up in a runtime folder within a folder called content. You can then add this as an external runtime, or move it into an installed Runtime.. You will need to manually initialize V4 using the batch files in the runtime|!DAZ folder.

DAZ install Manager will download them all automagically and install them for you. It's fast and easy, and will install the items wherever you tell it to..

http://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    A lot of people un-zip to a temp folder then move the files to there categorized folders

And this is actually the safest and least oops-prone method for manual installs. Inside the new .zip files, the top folder level is actually "Content" with all the Poser files inside that. So the easiest manual installation is to unzip to a dummy folder, open that so you can see the Runtime folder, and merge that with your existing runtime. (The most common oops is to move the .zip Runtime inside your existing runtime folder; this is not the same as merging and will not work.)
  • Philippi_ChildPhilippi_Child Posts: 648
    edited October 2013

Thanks guys but it didn't work I manually initialize V4 using the batch files in the runtime / Libraries/ !DAZ folder and nothing works no muscle morphs, elite morphs nada. I put everything in the right folder from the zip file and nothing works. Bummer.

Post edited by Philippi_Child on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,790
    edited December 1969

The Morphs and the V4 cr2 are in the same runtime?

• Philippi_ChildPhilippi_Child Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

Yes they are I got it all sorted out :) Thanks so much!!