Smaller Vignette Style environments

I'd like to suggest smaller more manageable environements, vignette style. Bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, beach, shoreline, boardwalk, etc.

Many scenes are just too big, and monstrous on computer resouces, when I want to do a small scene in an otherwise big environment there arent too many alternatives.

I like what collective 3d did, as well as what Antfarm did with their Killzone environments.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Agreed! It's amazing how much use I can get out of a couple of textured planes for walls, LOL.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited January 2019

https://www.daz3d.com/european-style-apartment

I've created about 20 vignettes out of this so far; loads more potential in it still.

Sometimes, larger sets offer better value - although some reverse-kitbashing (I'll call it) are required.

... But yes, I like vignettes too.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Indeed, when you are looking for a simple backdrop for a scene, then two walls and a floor may be all you need. I often strip down existing Environments to this level, but it can take time and does depend on the PA making the walls, pictures etc as separate objects. It would be convenient (and I would pay for that convenience) to have someone else create a set of different simple backdrops, available all in one place. Some alternative texture variations would be useful. Plus... if there are windows then please provide a background picture or two to save me time searching the internet for an appropriate one. Yes this is an example of laziness, but time is important... that's why I cycle to work rather than walk!