Question about importing a Bryce model into Daz for rigging.

JayJay1970JayJay1970 Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi,

The other day I was mucking about in Bryce and I created this crude robot kind of thing. I liked it enough to try to import it into Daz to rig it up and pose it. Unfortunately, it only imported one of the cylinders. Anybody else have this kind of problem? Does anybody know why it happened? I grouped all the objects together. But no luck.

Thanks

My_Robot_coloured_1.jpg
1114 x 819 - 24K

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

As far as I know, Bryce will only export stuff that has been made into booleans and not when left as Bryce Primitives.

To do this, you have to select each individual component and using the [A]ttributes dialogue box, assign each as positive or negative.
    Then group them all together.

Hope this helps. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think it something to do with turning them not only into a group, but into an actual mesh

I did this by accident with my first try with constructing my prehistoric passage grave

Clicked the M by mistake and got a nice single object which I could move around but could no longer edit in Bryce

model_group_in_bryce.jpg
    139 x 458 - 70K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,131
    edited December 1969

@Pam - now I am confused. [M] is the material, but [C] is the collapse to create a mesh.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

Horo said:
    @Pam - now I am confused. [M] is the material, but [C] is the collapse to create a mesh.

OK I give up. I don't know what I clicked now. I just know something got clicked by accident. and now I can't do anything with the group I managed to create except move it around. I thought it might have been M for mesh. Obviously I must have clicked the C then, sorry for the confusion.

I had to rebuild by cairn anyway, as I wanted to edit the materials, but it wasn't a great loss as it went better the 2nd time.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,131
    edited December 1969

No problem, I've just booleaned a cube and a cylinder, then [C]ollapsed. Only [A] and [M] (and the Link, Track and Family) stayed available; an there is no cube and no cylinder to select anymore. So it must have been the [C]. If that happens again, use ctrl-z to undo. It goes back 16 times if I'm not mistaken.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Yes, a good idea if you [C]ollapse the model to make a single mesh is to duplicate it first and collapse the duplicate so you still have the original available for further modification. :)

• JayJay1970JayJay1970 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the helpful hints. I'll have to sit down soon and try some of these.