Help with creating Poser Dynamic clothing item please

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited October 2013 in Poser Discussion

Help with creating Poser Dynamic clothing item please

I have made an OBJ, by importing a genesis clothing item into Carrara and then exporting an obj.

I have scaled the resulting obj so it fits V4 in poser,

Now how do I turn it into a working dynamic item.

The OBJ is of the Cape from the Mad nurse set. What part of V4 should I parent it to?

I tried running a drape, colliding it against Neck, chest, collar shoulder and arm of V4, and also the same parts of the dress she was wearing. However it won't drape over her arms at all,(this is in Poser 8 btw) and My Poser 6 manual isn't really helpful.

I also ran a drape colliding against Body, and that was even worse.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

With Poser 8, I got the Tutorial PDF, installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 8\Tutorials.

On page 149, there is a tutorial by Denise Tyler showing hot to work in the Cloth Room, have you seen that?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have the CD version of Poser 8, and Poser is not installed on my C drive, so it would not be in the same place as yours. I do in fact have the tutorial however, not sure if it is going to help me, but thanks for pointing out that it was there.

edited December 1969

Trouble is that is a sleeveless gown. I have nor problems with those. THe cape It obviously needs to firt over the arms, and this is what I get when I run the drape, despite having the arms selected as a collide against part

oh_whoopsy_copy.jpg
    629 x 642 - 85K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Looks interesting, but not nice ...

Hmmm - searching for Poser Dynamic Capes and where to parent:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/60288/related/11/Poser/Dynamic-Fur-Capelet-for-M4
    Make sure you select the base prop item and use the Object>Change Parent and select M4's Chest, before running any dynamic simulation.

Does this help?

edited December 1969

I will try that and let you know

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

*holding thumbs*
    *crossing fingers*

• English BobEnglish Bob Posts: 113
    edited October 2013

Parenting won't affect how the cloth simulation works. In fact, I'd recommend removing any parenting, as long as your figure is in the default position, in case

That said, I'm not sure why the cape is passing through the arms. I can only offer a few random questions.
    What does it look like at frame 1, before you start simulation?
    Have you tried selecting the entire figure to collide against - it will take longer to run, but hopefully may reveal if there's something missing from the collision list.
    Did you have to scale the object a lot to make it fit?

(I'd be happy to take a look at the cape for you, assuming it's distributable. I have Posers 6, 7 and 9 available to play with... Edit - just re-read your original post - forget that!)

Post edited by English Bob on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I remember reading somewhere that you need to perform the cloth simulation at frame 20 or 30 after you have posed the figure. I may have misread that tutorial though. I wish I could help more. Sorry

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Do you need to add a dynamic cloth group? I wish I could test the cloth room now but I need to get ready for an appointment. bye