Expand the haze at the horizon

Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 868
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I am just working on a desert sunset scene. I liked to have a broader haze band on the horizon (pinky band in the picture). Is that possible? I think so, I even think I have seen how to do this in a tutorial of David, but I am afraid I can not find it anymore. Thank in advance for any hint.

desert_sunset2.jpg
640 x 640 - 16K

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

If the pink haze is a part of the Haze set in atmosphere, then yes you can make it broader by raising the cloud height (found in the Sky & Fog tab, 5th one along).
    This may also turn your clouds back on, but that's not a problem, if it does, simply turn them off again and the cloud height setting will still be correct for the haze.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

I am just working on a desert sunset scene. I liked to have a broader haze band on the horizon (pinky band in the picture). Is that possible? I think so, I even think I have seen how to do this in a tutorial of David, but I am afraid I can not find it anymore. Thank in advance for any hint.

OK Dave's answered your question. I'll say that this is looking good because you have not nice contrast, if your contrast starts to go, you can use the trick of capturing your sky as a HDRI backdrop (low rez will do because you have no clouds) and add it back into the sky. Then you can make your Bryce sky darker and if you feel like it - add stars. Stars work well with added HDRI - the only drawback of stars is that they are a bit too big in Bryce and need a very wide FOV. Just some random suggestions.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,514
    edited December 1969

As Dave and David already said, cloud height. This means only Cumulus height. Switch them on, move up Cloud Height then switch Cumulus off if you don't need them. The haze stays as set with the Cumulus Cloud Height.
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 868
    edited October 2013

Thank you for your answers, they helped. Thanks for the hint with the stars, David. I wanted to add some stars, indeed, but you could hardly see them. Okay now I know the direction where I can go.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Oh here, in case you didn't see it in the other thread Bryce Made Easy - Glowing stars recipe for sunset - by David Brinnen