Pose: Leading

I want to make some renders in the style shown below;

I've looked on the Shop, but couldn't seem to find anything.

1. Is there something like this on the Shop that I've missed?
  2. Are there other sites out there that might have something like this?
  3. If no to the previous questions, could I submit poses like these to the Shop, if I went out of my way to make them myself?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

I can't recall ever seeing any like this, but it's a fairly easy pose to do.

Not sure i understand thw last question though, are you looking for poses or looking for ideas for a product?

• petebabicki84petebabicki84 Posts: 11
    edited January 2019

Not sure i understand thw last question though, are you looking for poses or looking for ideas for a product?

I'm looking to buy a pose like the one shown. If there aren't any poses like this available though, I'll make them myself. If I were to make them, is there a place I can submit them for other people to use?
    Post edited by petebabicki84 on

Gotcha. You can always post freebies at ShareCG or on a site you can host files on and then post about it in the freebie section.

I just did a quick pose for the girl in the image, took about a minute. The hands together will take the longest to pose, but overall, it's very doable.

leadpose.jpg
    414 x 809 - 131K
  • That pose you made is great.

Do you just pull the limbs around manually? I've had the software about six months, but I haven't experimented much with the posing features - I'll look into it though. Are there any tips or tutorials you can recommend?

Thanks again.

That pose you made is great.

Do you just pull the limbs around manually? I've had the software about six months, but I haven't experimented much with the posing features - I'll look into it though. Are there any tips or tutorials you can recommend?

Thanks again.

When you click on a body part in the parameters tab you usually get 3 options, BEND, TWIST and SIDE to SIDE. With limits on you can move parts all you want and not worry about going to far. I use the dials instead of the universal tool as it's more precise.

if you want this one it's attached, just place the 2 files in any pose folder. I use Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Presets\poses

zip
    zip
    leadingpose.zip
  • That pose you made is great.

Thanks again.

When you click on a body part in the parameters tab you usually get 3 options, BEND, TWIST and SIDE to SIDE. With limits on you can move parts all you want and not worry about going to far. I use the dials instead of the universal tool as it's more precise.

if you want this one it's attached, just place the 2 files in any pose folder. I use Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Presets\poses

Thank-you, I very much appreciate your help.

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited January 2019

That pose you made is great.

Thanks again.

I always use the sliders when I do a pose (and then dial numbers there when I'm almost, but not completely, there). I never could manage to do anything, even very approximative, by moving the limbs.

I've been using the DAZ for about six months too, and I'm completely amazed that there are people who don't do poses. I simply don't understand how it's possible. I use premade poses, when I find one in my library that it's approximatively correct, and then I modify everything until it's what I want.  I use a premade pose "as it is" maybe one out of ten times, and I spend probably on average half my time posing the figures. I've been doing that since the very beginning and I honestly don't know how I could make any scene otherwise.

For instance in the scene I'm doing at the moment, a woman is leaning on a man's thigh, caressing his side, looking up towards him, while he's holding a glass, looking back at her and caressing her hair. There's absolutely no way I could do any of these things without posing all the arms, hands, torso and head. The premade pose basically just gave me the the legs position, and even this I had to tweak so that the feet would rest on the floor and the legs wouldn't collide with a chair. It's simply impossible to do this without posing, and there's pretty much no scene I could have made with just "out of the box" poses. Even when the pose is perfectly fine (say, I just need the character to be sitting on a sofa or whatever and it doesn't matter what his exact position is), there are still tweakings to do, because, say, one feet enters the floor, or the sofa is too low and I have to extend the legs, or his arm is in the way and hide another figure, etc...and that's assuming that the premade pose is perfect, and they often aren't to begin with (a foot isn't exactly on the floor, the hands aren't properly joined, the fold at the joint is ugly, etc...)

I heartily encourage the OP to learn to do poses, it's really not complicated at all, like it takes 3 minutes to understand the concept (although it's often tedious, when you have to change the position of every articulation of every finger, for instance), and not doing so has to be extremely limitative.

Post edited by odastein on