Hell

soltsolt Posts: 21
edited October 2013 in Carrara Discussion

hi,
an illustration done with Carrara, using the plugin " primivol" for the fire. the head is from poser.
thanks all for your nice comments about my other images i post here.
hugs.

hell.jpeg
714 x 900 - 281K
Post edited by solt on

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Very creepy, and an excellent use of Primivol. Reminds me, I'm going to have to get Primivol... :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

I was going to ask to see renders of what Primivol does and how it works after seeing a few renders lately with comments on its use..

Cool render solt.. looks a bit hot ;-)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Yeah that wip in the twilight zone thread where he was using Primivol to create ghostly fog figures caught my eye and I thought 'hmmm, maybe there's something to this Primivol thing...'

• soltsolt Posts: 21
    edited October 2013

Thanks , yeah hot. :) Primivo is a great plugin for Carrara. we can do a lots of incredible things with it .. I hope Julian will create a super particles sytem for Carrara.....i know he can do it.. I asked him about this

Post edited by solt on
  • SpacelandSpaceland Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

The fire is incredible, that is an awesome plugin.

If he does a super particles, it will be amazing just by the look of the Primivol plug-in.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    I was going to ask to see renders of what Primivol does and how it works after seeing a few renders lately with comments on its use..

If I recall correctly, Primivol can turn any mesh into a volumetric shader. I am very excited to now own it - now I just need time to play with it :)

soll, very cool illustration! Love it!

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

TUTORIAL! TUTORIAL!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:

If I recall correctly, Primivol can turn any mesh into a volumetric shader. I am very excited to now own it - now I just need time to play with it :)

soll, very cool illustration! Love it!

can you start up a few WIPs so we can see how it works ( if time permits of course ) .. looks intriguing :coolhmm:

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Not sure if I was reading about a different thing or if I was just way off track...
    Primivol appears to be new volumetric primitives - not shaders at all. Perhaps it was one of my new DCG shaders, or something else entirely I was thinking of. Hmnpf!
    Got me to (finally) have a quick look at Primivol, though... Drives me nuts... all this great new stuff and I have to wait months before I can actually play with it! Argh! Lot of new experiments to do though - what a blast it will be!

Okay, it was driving me nuts, so I looked it up at Inigoni's site - and I had it backwards:
    "Through these primitive, Primivol can also render any 3D shader as a volume, and can alter its shape with a set of modifiers and ramp-off functions." Which is super cool. It's really neat how much more you get when you add these new plugins. Sure, there's that much more to learn - but it gives you so many more possibilities.

I'm not used to making gifs from Carrara, but here's a simple example that comes Inigoni gives out:

Doc5.gif
    640 x 480 - 10M