Store Suggestion

The store might be more inviting to new users if the product pages had some mechanism for asking questions.  If sending the questions to Daz staff is too burdensome, perhaps the artist could choose to add a contact link to the sales page for their products. 

If this mechanism is already in place and I was too dense to see it, please feel free to correct me, thanks.

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

That is what the forums are for.

• jake_fjake_f Posts: 226
    jestmart said:

Yes, I see that.   My point was, there would be less newbie confusion (ie. lost sales) if a question asking process was tied to the actual sales page, and the question went to Daz staff (ie. experts) or the seller themselves, who would seem to have motivation to develop their own loyal customers.

The point of the suggestion is not just to help the newbie, but to help DAZ and the artist make more sales.

Or not, it's just a suggestion, not a demand.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

It is a suggestion that ignores the size of the market DAZ operates in, the size of the company and with that its ability to support such a feature to an international customer base and the utter annoyance such a "feature" is to any user that is not you.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    jestmart said:

Yes, I see that.   My point was, there would be less newbie confusion (ie. lost sales) if a question asking process was tied to the actual sales page, and the question went to Daz staff (ie. experts) or the seller themselves, who would seem to have motivation to develop their own loyal customers.

The point of the suggestion is not just to help the newbie, but to help DAZ and the artist make more sales.

Or not, it's just a suggestion, not a demand.

One of the reasons vendors sell thru DAZ is that DAZ handles the customer service part so they don't have to deal with customers.

If you need to ask DAZ anything, a support ticket is the way to go https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

The moderator staff if very knowledgable and help newbies all the time in the new user thread and the techincal issues thread.

Ascania said:

It is a suggestion that ignores the size of the market DAZ operates in, the size of the company and with that its ability to support such a feature to an international customer base and the utter annoyance such a "feature" is to any user that is not you.

Could I ask please how many online companies you've created, built and sold, and whether you were able to retire before 50 by doing so?

One of the reasons vendors sell thru DAZ is that DAZ handles the customer service part so they don't have to deal with customers.

Ok, no problem, if the sellers don't wish to talk to their customers, I know a solution for that. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Ok, no problem, if the sellers don't wish to talk to their customers, I know a solution for that. 

LOL, I guess I could have worded that differently. It's ny understanding that part of the service DAZ provides to the PAs is the customer service part so they can focus on creating. Since DAZ seems very strict in what they expect in a product, they are probably the person you should be talking to anyway about a product as they make the decision on whether to sell it or not.

• They have been around for 20 years,and to my knowledge have never seen the need to provide such features, and the software they use for the store does support a few that have been asked for.
    They have been around for 20 years,and to my knowledge have never seen the need to provide such features,  

Yes, they've never seen the need, that does seem accurate.

Let's do a quick review of the incredibly burdensome feature which I have suggested.

The store might be more inviting to new users if the product pages had some mechanism for asking questions.

So, a link on each sales page which directs the visitor to some human being who can help them become a regular new customer.   A link.  Added to the sales page template. A 5 minute job.  Way too hard!

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,220

The forums are user-to-user. You can make the suggestion to Daz. You can also send questions to Customer Service here.

Thanks for your reply.   If I may, please note the title and description of this sub-forum.

All suggestions, ideas, or other feedback concerning products, both existing and desired.

Ok, so my suggestion is not about a specific product, but about all products being sold in the Daz store.  I'm agreeable that this thread should die or be removed, no problem.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2019

PAs advertise their products in the Daz Commercial forum,  which is where a direct convo could possibly take place between the customer and the PA.

In the forum the PA can answer a question that could possibly help everyone who bought the product. 

Post edited by Chohole on

Ah, thanks Chohole, that's a useful relevant link.   I'll explore that section.

A few more suggestions....  :-)

First, if the goal of the website and forum is in part to serve newbies (those with no previous 3D experience) the term PA might be spelled out instead of abbreviated.   Obviously you guys know what a PA is, but as just one example, I have no idea.

Second, we might observe how the focus of this thread is not on improving the DAZ experience, but on defending the status quo.  Each poster seems to be trying to say that the feature I've suggested already exists, and technically this is true, given that there is a contact link at the bottom of every sales page.  My point is that defending the status quo and declining any attempt to make assistance more visible doesn't help the DAZ team boost their sales to nubes.

Third, why should we concern ourselves with nubes?  That's a reasonable question, and perhaps the answer is that no further outreach to nubes is desired or necessary.  That decision is obviously up to DAZ staff to make any way they choose.   All I'm saying is that there are far more people in the world who don't know 3D than there are people who do know 3D.  Thus, if the point of this website is to grow the business, the nube realm is where most of the opportunity lies.

I don't have access to the data so this is just a theory (based on years of experience in other realms).  My guess is that most people who install DAZ never get around to buying anything in the store because they become overwhelmed with confusion and frustration.   We don't see these people because they will typically either never visit the forum, or their stay here will be short. 

As you scan the forum you see a bunch of people who have become comfortable with DAZ and so you perhaps reasonably ask, "What the big problem?"   It perhaps looks to you that pretty much everybody is making it.  And that's because you can't see all the people who aren't making it.

The only difference between me and the typical struggling nube is that I'm not invisible, but instead am a typoholic honking blowhard with a very big mouth and way too many opinions.  :-)   The majority of the other nubes are too sensible and sane to engage themselves with what might be good for those who own DAZ.

Ok, enough said, I'm off to find out what a PA is.  Thanks for listening.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

PA = Published Artist. This is how Daz calls content creators who sell their products here.

You have 2 main types of products in Daz store:

• Daz Originals are products owned by Daz directly, created either by Daz in house or by a content creator who sold it to Daz for a flat fee
    • PA products are products still owned by their creators and that Daz sells in their store in exchange for a cut

Part of the agreement PAs have with Daz is that Daz handles customer support. Some PAs also use the forums to advertise their content or provide direct support, so it's possible to interact with those PAs directly, but not all of them do.

Thanks for the education Leana, much appreciated.  I'll go rub elbows with some PAs and see how that goes.

• I think having the ability to contact the artest directly from the product page is a good idea as well i've had questions i've wanted to ask before buying a product  (and after )  whitch would be a lot easer if i could contact them directly from product page.      this is my OP

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited January 2019

One other thing that you may find useful: there's a browser extension called "Daz Deals Browser add-on", available for firefox, chrome and opera, which adds a few interesting features to Daz store, like additional filter options, or useful links on product pages pointing to the product readme, gallery images referencing the product, or forum posts referencing the product:

Here's the thread about this extension: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

Capture2.PNG
    604 x 314 - 26K
    Post edited by Leana on