Bryce Executable Doesn't Want to Open

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi All,

Having a bit of trouble with Bryce_7.1.0.109_Win32.exe...Just bought it, downloaded it, and it won't open. I'm on a Win 7, 64-bit system with a GeForce graphics card. Double-clicking the file gives me a change notice (as usual) but, when I allow it, nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

First off, what size is your .exe file, it should be 253.76mb

Second question, where was it trying to install to.

I don't ever install programs to my C drive, so am not certain where the .exe wants to install,

I made a folder called Bryce 7 on my D drive and installed Bryce to that, but that is a personal preference

Win 7 can be a bit fussy where you put stuff.

And of course, another question is what AV do you use, as some AV programs don't like .exe files.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • edited December 1969

Well, here's the first clue...the exe file is only 24 MB. The link posted in my email from Daz has expired and I'm trying to find the 7 Pro file. The link in my product library only takes me to Lightning and the Bryce Content file; can't seem to find the actual application.

Avast is my AV software and, so far, has been very amenable to Daz products.

Thanks,
    Smash

• edited December 1969

Okay, further update...

Went back to my product library page and did a refresh on the page...Got the proper exe file and am on my way. This one is the 254 MB file...Looks like I should be good to go. Thanks so much for your help!

Smash

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

Does this help Screenshot opf my Product Library. Bryce 7 is the same as Bryce 7 pro, and it is just the serial number that used to differ. Now of course there is only the one serial number, as Bryce 7 pro is the only option now.

EDITED to add, ok glad you found it, now we look forward to seeing what you can do with it. :coolsmile:

where_is_Bryce.jpg
    998 x 706 - 213K
    Post edited by Chohole on