never mind, um, I mean Carrara install problem

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116
edited October 2013 in Carrara Discussion

I cannot seem to get Carrara 8 to run. I had Carrara 8.5 beta installed, but from what I understand the beta is over. I am trying to uninstall all versions of Carrara, but with no success. I keep getting errors when trying to install Carrara 8 again.

I am trying to figure out if I can get Carrara to work to see if I want to get Luxus for Carrara.

How is Carrara 8.5 better than Cararra 8?

Post edited by Sfariah D on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116
    edited October 2013

Here are the screenshots after trying to reinstall Carrara 8.

I started Carrara and tried to open a preset.

• mikomodamikomoda Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Where is the screenshot?

Dont expect carrara is supported like DaZ-Studio, oh no! Dont waste money to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.5! Genesis does not work 100%, instead it seems its another beta again! :-(

edited October 2013

mikomoda said:
    Where is the screenshot?

Dont expect carrara is supported like DaZ-Studio, oh no! Dont waste money to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.5! Genesis does not work 100%, instead it seems its another beta again! :-(

oh okay. Here are the screen shots again.

Removed screenshots due to fact one of them contained sensitive data

edited December 1969

This is the error I get when I try to install Carrara.

Carrarainstalerror.jpg
    523 x 314 - 28K
  • SpacelandSpaceland Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

I have Windows 8 and i have installed the same version.

did you try to delete manually, all daz folders from the c drive?

before doing this, make certain to back the folders if you have any contents.

try that if you have not http://www.ehow.com/how_7855031_restore-windows-installer.html

let me know.

edited December 1969

Spaceland said:
    I have Windows 8 and i have installed the same version.

did you try to delete manually, all daz folders from the c drive?

before doing this, make certain to back the folders if you have any contents.

try that if you have not http://www.ehow.com/how_7855031_restore-windows-installer.html

let me know.

Oh I have windows 7.

Thank you

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

… and clean the register too!

edited December 1969

… and clean the register too!

Okay How do I do that?

Thanks for helping despite my erratic behaviour yesterday.

edited October 2013

In the Start Menu:
    Execute/types “regedit”
    You are in the register but attention not to do anything wrong!
    If you are sure to have uninstall Carrara completely, you deploy “HKEY_CURRENT USER”, you seek the file “Software” then “DAZ”.
    Inside, you see the programs installed (Carrara8 and Studio4 for example).
    You remove the Carrara file.
    You make the same thing in “HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE” but I do not believe that DAZ places something there.

It's only for the register but there are many places where are some files on the "C" drive as Spaceland said...

Post edited by DUDU on
    edited December 1969

In the Start Menu:
    Execute/types “regedit”
    You are in the register but attention not to do anything wrong!
    If you are sure to have uninstall Carrara completely, you deploy “HKEY_CURRENT USER”, you seek the file “Software” then “DAZ”.
    Inside, you see the programs installed (Carrara8 and Studio4 for example).
    You remove the Carrara file.
    You make the same thing in “HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE” but I do not believe that DAZ places something there.

It's only for the register but there are many places where are some files on the "C" drive as Spaceland said...

I am working on that now.

edited December 1969

I cleaned the register like you said and then tried to reinstall Carrara but there were no new entries in the register.

edited December 1969

Do you have restarted your computer ?
    How works Carrara now ?

edited December 1969

Please, erase the photo with your serial number !

edited October 2013

Nice one you spotted, I didn't really look at it. More I didn't pay attention too it. My bad.

yep remove tour image with the version and serial number.

Post edited by Spaceland on
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Spaceland said:

Nice one you spotted, I didn't really look at it. More I didn't pay attention too it. My bad.

yep remove tour image with the version and serial number.

The screenshots have been removed.

edited December 1969

I am having also having difficulty changing default programs and uninstalling unwanted programs.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Have you had any luck installing Carrara and getting it to run? I don't have C8.5 or Windows of any flavor, so I can't be much help myself, except to suggest you try looking at some of the stickied threads at the top of the forum, or try DAZ's help center. I seem to recall spotting a C8.5 article there.

If noting else, the thread is bumped up.

edited December 1969

I found out how to do a system restore to put the computer back to factory settings. I am considering doing that soon and reinstall everything I need. I just have to back up some stuff first. Hopefully I have enough discs.

• tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Hi Kulay Wolf.

You shouldn't need to reinstall other programs or restore the system if Carrara is the only program having the issue. Try and uninstall the, Microsoft Visual C++ 200x Redistributable files, then reinstall Carrara and see if that helps.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614
    edited December 1969

Do you have Mimic installed?

I remember reading somewhere that uninstalling Mimic in these cases might help.

edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    Do you have Mimic installed?

I remember reading somewhere that uninstalling Mimic in these cases might help.

I do not have mimic installed at the moment.

edited December 1969

tbwoq said:
    Hi Kulay Wolf.

You shouldn't need to reinstall other programs or restore the system if Carrara is the only program having the issue. Try and uninstall the, Microsoft Visual C++ 200x Redistributable files, then reinstall Carrara and see if that helps.

Okay but I am still doing the back up of the important stuff on my computer. It is taking a while to do my first burn but it is a fifty gb disc. I have about twenty twenty five gb discs that I can use to burn stuff on also.

edited December 1969

How can I make a windows 7 repair usb thumb drive?

edited December 1969

If you could install a second disc for your data, your disc “C” would be used only with the operating system and your programs.
    My obsession is to make safeguards, considering the long work hours that one passes on our computer.
    Each month, minimum, I make a safeguard of the disc system with "Acronis True Image" and it saved me the life more once!
    The data back-ups, they are every day!
    You must create a disc of Acronis starting and a Windows disc: Start menu/Maintenance/ create a disc of starting (I translated from French…).
    @+

edited December 1969

I understand that restoring a computer to factory setting for one problem seems to be over dramatic. I am having problems with several programs. My security system and the cms do not want to start on their own when I start the computer. There are other problems that are frustrating me such as firefox keep freezing up. DIM sometimes freezes and has to be closed and reopened so I can finish what I was doing. I have a lot of unneeded programs that won't fully uninstall. ect, ect, ect.

edited December 1969

How do I get Daz Install manager to install Carrara content? I reset the computer to factory setting. Carrara installed perfectly but I could not get the content to install.

edited December 1969

You need to tell Daz Install Manager, in the settings, Tab Application and Add Carrara version with the default folder for carrara.