Bryce 5.5 working with serial free download.

k.malcolmk.malcolm Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Greetings Good Sirs,

I just found out that a while back you where offering a free working version of Bryce 5.5 ... LOL yes I know I'm just a little behind the times but I do have a valid reason (they won't allow you to take your PC on active duty in Afghanistan). That being said, I was just wondering If you will be offering the download again and if so when, so I can make sure not to miss it. I have always wanted a fully working copy of Bryce ever since I had the opportunity to use a friends computer who had bought a boxed version of it. I know it would be a huge request to ask for the offer to be posted again so I humbly hope that you could be kind enough to post a link here If you know where I could download it. I would like to work with the version I know before I pay for the latest version as I only have about a months experience at best and have been reading that coping with the changes may be a little overwhelming for some one like me. I downloaded the working free version of Daz Studio and think it is ten times more user friendly Poser which my friend also had but I just could not get the hang of lol. I've already made two renders and I just Downloaded it late last night. Well I thank you for your time and for a Poser "like" program I can actually understand and use and hope you will consider re offering Bryce 5.5.

Many thanks.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Bryce 5.5 was available in 2006, so quite a while ago. It has not been available for a few years now.

Bryce 7 is mostly the same as previous versions in the way the main stuff works, it has just had a lot of features added to it.

For a long time, since Bryce 7 first came out in 2010 there was a free limited version of Bryce 7, called the PLE edition (private learning edition) but this is also no longer available.

So I am sorry nowadays the only way to get a copy of Bryce 7 is to buy the Pro edition from the store here, It is not an expensive item at the moment. http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro/

If you do have any problems, post in this forum and there will always be someone who can help you.

• evans!evans! Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

My friend purchased Bryce 3D 7 from the DAZ website, but was only given the option of download Byrce Lighting and Bryce Content. She was not able to actually download the Byrce 7.0 prgram either from her account webpage or using the DIM.

How can she go about getting the software?

She asked me to write to you since she is Chinese and does not write English very well.

edited December 1969

In the product libaray, manual download it is found here

how_to_get_to_Product_Library.jpg
    1058 x 363 - 146K
    Bryce_DL_screen_2.jpg
    638 x 338 - 86K
    bryce_dl_screen.jpg
    638 x 338 - 91K
    edited December 1969

The second image in your post did not seem to be in her Product Library ... only the first section with Byrce Lighting and Content ... I will double check with her ...

Bryce_DL_screen_2.jpg
    600 x 318 - 46K
    edited December 1969

You need to click the icon shown at the bottom of the first image

edited December 1969

Thank you! That solves the riddle!