Hair Converter from RiverSoft Art issue

I bought the "Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male" by  RiverSoft Art last night but didn't look at anything until this morning.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/58155/start

I've a gripe though; easily corrected by RiverSoft Art I'd think.

I opened & started reading the pdf docs: Hair Converter User Manual.pdf. Tested it on a Gen8 Male & no problem.  

So, I decide to try on a Gen8 Female as mentioned in the PDF:

Introduction
Finally, use your favorite Genesis 3 Hair without limitations on your Genesis 8 characters! Automatically
convert almost your entire library of Hair items using the new Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to
Genesis 8 Female or the Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male!

Script complains that I've no compatible figure loaded.  Well, of course; this is a script to convert MALES.

Digging through Daz store, I indeed find a Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female. 

https://www.daz3d.com/hair-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female

... which is the image of the PDF packaged with The Male converter!  The details on the page though specifically state Female.

So, needless to say, CONFUSING!  What's the story here RiverSoft Art?  Is there PDF for the Male converter, just the one for both, or this just a packaging error?

I'm a bit annoyed that a separate script is required (both are tagged as New & not that I won't be buying it), but is/was there some plan to combine both into one script?  

If not, then you REALLY need to change the text in the PDF to make it clear that BOTH scripts are needed and not just the one.  Technically, it says that now but in a round-about way.

Thanks.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Regardless of what the PDF says, you bought a specific product, the one for GM8, so the fact it works as advertised I don't see how you can be confused on that part. I don't have either product, but with the intro you posted 

"Introduction
    Finally, use your favorite Genesis 3 Hair without limitations on your Genesis 8 characters! Automatically
    convert almost your entire library of Hair items using the new Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to
    Genesis 8 Female or the Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male!"

It sounds like the PDF was used for both products which is understandable. If you head over the the commercial product forum there are several threads on these products with the PA active in all of them.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited January 2019

But isn't it better to simply change the Preferred Base in the Scene Identification ?

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    Noah LGP said:

But isn't it better to simply change the Preferred Base in the Scene Identification ?

it's the same principle, but the commercial script does it for all items and saves a copy of it bascially saving a ton of time.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

I bought the "Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male" by  RiverSoft Art last night but didn't look at anything until this morning.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/58155/start

I've a gripe though; easily corrected by RiverSoft Art I'd think.

I opened & started reading the pdf docs: Hair Converter User Manual.pdf. Tested it on a Gen8 Male & no problem.  

So, I decide to try on a Gen8 Female as mentioned in the PDF:

Introduction
    Genesis 8 Female or the Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male!

Script complains that I've no compatible figure loaded.  Well, of course; this is a script to convert MALES.

Digging through Daz store, I indeed find a Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female. 

https://www.daz3d.com/hair-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female

... which is the image of the PDF packaged with The Male converter!  The details on the page though specifically state Female.

So, needless to say, CONFUSING!  What's the story here RiverSoft Art?  Is there PDF for the Male converter, just the one for both, or this just a packaging error?

I'm a bit annoyed that a separate script is required (both are tagged as New & not that I won't be buying it), but is/was there some plan to combine both into one script?  

If not, then you REALLY need to change the text in the PDF to make it clear that BOTH scripts are needed and not just the one.  Technically, it says that now but in a round-about way.

Thanks.

It's clear to me, I don't see where the problem is! ^^