When not doing 3D...

I played a couple of songs at a local Open Mic night last weekend and I thought I would share this video so my friends here can see what I get up to when not doing 3D stuff!

https://www.facebook.com/100015644856471/videos/470146440183514/?t=0

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

very talented Phil yes

lucky you can play and sing, I cannot do both at once cheeky

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

very talented Phil yes

lucky you can play and sing, I cannot do both at once cheeky

Thanks Wendy - it was actually the first time ever that I have sung in public (apart from a few backing vocals in a band).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

And those of us who don't do facebook are not going to see it  

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Phil, so nice performance! I'm impressed! The music reminds me of Deep Purple.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,307
    Chohole said:

Good news for you (maybe) - you can watch it without signing in. (I don't do FB either, but thought I'd give the video a try)

PhilW said:

I played a couple of songs at a local Open Mic night last weekend and I thought I would share this video so my friends here can see what I get up to when not doing 3D stuff!

https://www.facebook.com/100015644856471/videos/470146440183514/?t=0

Is that local to you then? I thought the accent was familiar. My late parents used to visit The Fox at Menston. (I'm a Leeds native but migrated south for the winter and stayed there!)

Chohole - yes, the video was marked as public so it should be viewable even if you don't do Facebook (I don't do it much myself and keep most of it pretty private).

Vyusur - I like Deep Purple so maybe that came though. The songs are Road to Hell (Parts 1 and 2 - Part 2 is much better known as it was released as a single) by Chris Rea and Gimme Some Lovin' by the Spencer Davis Group (with Steve Winwood on keyboards, in fact he wrote it) and also famously covered by The Blues Brothers.

Melanie - small world! Yes I live in Menston, only about a mile from the Fox!

• Well done Phil.  I think creativity breeds creativity, and maybe 3D inspiration comes from living in the real world and reflecting that in some way.  It's also nice to see forum face avatars get more humanised by this sort of sharing.

smiley

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Nice job PhilW, very talented you are. Love the phrasing and the drama and the story.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Phil, I loved your performance!!  Am a big Chris Rea fan... and Spencer Davis, too!  Great singing, and am in awe of your Yamaha. Going from a blues guitar to a roaring Hammond B3 sound is truly amazing to me and brought back some memories.  I did a 'like', although I only have a FB acct for reading and viewing things mostly so there is now't 'bout me. 

Sometime in the future I will be going up to the Leeds area once this project is further along. Taking a lot of time daily, and I didn't get to the uni there last time I was up that way and I need to see someone when they can make time for me... might just try and message you and maybe meet up for a pint if willing, hopefully by April?

Rock on!   yesheart  Silene  (aka Lauren)

Thanks for all the kind comments (and likes!). 

Lauren - I'd be happy to meet up in Leeds if you let me know when you will be there. You can PM me when you know the dates.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Wow, great stuff, Phil.  I am always amazed at how multi-talented you folks on the forum are.  

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

@PhilW I will expect to see you on the next season of Britain's Got Talent

though I was a tad dissapointed I was waiting for you to burst out with Bat Out of Hell ... next time

I thought you sounded like a cross between Chris de Burgh with a twangy Barry Gray influence... great stuff yes

maybe you can fill in the gaps ( inside info ) for the Paul McCartney conspiracy devil cool

Thanks Stezza. The info that I have on Paul McCartney is that he is alive and well - I hope this doesn't come as too much of a shock!

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Smokin' up that keyboard, Phil! Thank you for the chance to listen.

i have to confess though, at your first couple words my brain thought it should be getting ready for a tutorial.  :). Christine 

Cbird said:

Smokin' up that keyboard, Phil! Thank you for the chance to listen.

i have to confess though, at your first couple words my brain thought it should be getting ready for a tutorial.  :). Christine 

LOL!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Chohole said:

+ 1

Try the link - it should be public for everyione, not just Facebook users.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

Just gave your video a look/listen.....where can I buy the album!!!

ProPose said:

Just gave your video a look/listen.....where can I buy the album!!!

HaHa - if only!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited January 2019
    PhilW said:

Thanks Stezza. The info that I have on Paul McCartney is that he is alive and well - I hope this doesn't come as too much of a shock!

wink wink wink wink

understand laugh

Post edited by Stezza on