Mixing Characters

I understand you can mix characters (Monique 6 with another Genesis 2 female, for instance). How do I go about doing this?

Comments

• Shapes or materials? Shapes are easy, you just set the sliders in the parameters pane to the values you want - how good the results look will vary, but as long as you keep the individual values low to middling most non-extreme sahpes should be OK.

• It's pretty simple.  First, choose the characters you want to mix.  This is the method I use to combine two characters:

1.  Load the one whose features you want to be more prominent.

2.  In the Parameters Tab, go to Actor>People and find the character you loaded in the displayed list.

3.  Lower the value on this character however much you want, but stay above or at .5  This should result in changes to the face and body.

4.  Find the character you want to add to the mix in the list and raise the value on this character the same amount you lowered it on the prominent character.  Again, the face and body will change.

After that, just tweak your new character until you're satisfied.  It should be mentioned that, if you use the same, two characters but switch prominence, you'll end up with a different character than the first one you made.  

• Thanks!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

If you really want to do some serious mixing, take a look at the SimTenero Randomizer.  One or Two, although one is a bit easier to use, and two has more fine tuning.  And it works with anything that has morphs, not just people, but horses, dragons, hair etc.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I use the timeline to mix my shaping presets, by far the fastest and easies way IMO. I apply preset  x at frame 0, go to frame 30 and apply preset y. At frame 15 I have a 50/50 mix.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,167

I use the timeline to mix my shaping presets, by far the fastest and easies way IMO. I apply preset  x at frame 0, go to frame 30 and apply preset y. At frame 15 I have a 50/50 mix.

That's an interesting method I never thought of!
  • OK, thanks!

• s_j_gregorys_j_gregory Posts: 103

Love Sven's idea.  Also works with Puppeteer allowing you to contemplate the relative weights of certain characters/morphs quickly prior to getting down to details in the parameters tab.  I still think that is likely necessary as is rendering to determine final 'look'.  The only limitation as compared to other tools like that of 3DU's Character Mixer is in the number of things you can look at simultaneously.