How To Customize Toolbar?

LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,116

Hi everyone! :D

I've google this but I've not understood how to do this.

I've seen on same YouTube tutorials that some people have customized icons on their toolbars.

I'd like to create one, for example, for the "Scene Optimizer" product: how could I?

Thanks! ^^

Comments

• First you would need to turn Sceen Optimiser into a custom action - find the script in the Content Library, right-click on it, and select Create Custom Action - that will give it an entry in the Scripts menu (and create the menu if it doesn't yet exist). Next, go to Window>Workspace>Customise. On the right, click the Tool Bars tab to make it active and find the tool bar you want to use (or right-click to create a new one). On the action list at left, at the top of the scrolling list, click the + to expand the Custom entry and find your entry for Scene Optimiser. Now drag the Scene Optimiser action into the tool bar and drop it in place. If you used an existing, visible tool bar that's it - click Accept. if you used a new tool bar, or one that is hidden, you need to go to the Activities tab on the right, click the + to expand its name and then tool bars, right-click on the tool bar and select enable so that it will show in the workspace.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,116

This is great, I've actually managed to do it, thank you Richard!! :D

• I don't get it.. why make so incredible difficult something so simple as customize the tool bar???

• lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 397
    edited August 2022

Does this same process work for the menu bar?  ie: file, edit, create, .... scripts.  I watched a tutorial vid for a product, where his script was inside the script drop down menu.  I only have one in there currently (not it) but have many scripts under content library/scripts/productSubFolder/   How do I add scripts from said content folders to the menu drop down for scripts?

Just because sometimes I want to be looking at other content in the content folder, while quickly and easily being able to access a script I have with out bouncing around the content library.

Edit: It looks like it is the same process, but instead of it being called "Scripts" as per the menu name, it's called "Custom" under "Window>Workspace>Customise." 

just not sure on how to get a script under content library to appear under there.

Post edited by lorddayradon on
  • lorddayradon said:

Does this same process work for the menu bar?  ie: file, edit, create, .... scripts.  I watched a tutorial vid for a product, where his script was inside the script drop down menu.  I only have one in there currently (not it) but have many scripts under content library/scripts/productSubFolder/   How do I add scripts from said content folders to the menu drop down for scripts?

Just because sometimes I want to be looking at other content in the content folder, while quickly and easily being able to access a script I have with out bouncing around the content library.

Edit: It looks like it is the same process, but instead of it being called "Scripts" as per the menu name, it's called "Custom" under "Window>Workspace>Customise." 

just not sure on how to get a script under content library to appear under there.

right-click>Create Custom Action will both place an entry in the Custom actions list and add it to the menu selected (Scripts or Favourites).