Genesis rendering issue in Poser

pcw5150pcw5150 Posts: 7
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi all,

It appears that Genesis V5 won't render at all when using the "Render to Queue" option. All other objects in the scene render fine (even if imported via DSON), but Genesis character is invisible. Genesis renders fine if not using the Render in Queue option.

Anyone else seen this? Any workarounds to make Genesis render properly when using the Render in Queue option?

Thanks,
Paul

Comments

• pcw5150pcw5150 Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

BTW...forgot to mention it happens in both PP 2012 and 2014.:coolgrin:

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

Yes, I have that problem too.

• pcw5150pcw5150 Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

I found another thread via search about this - appears Genesis and Poser Queue render don't work together. Below is the link to the thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15500/

Pity that. That means DAZ probably lost sales for Genesis 2 and content given this unfortunate issue. It may seem a "minor" issue to some; but, Render Queue is an important part of my workflow.

>:(

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,789
    edited December 1969

You could fry exporting a cr2 version of Genesis from Studio and see if that works...

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

DSON changes the way a (genesis) figure is loaded in Poser. This behavior is not part of the queue manager, so the changes for the genesis figure will not be loaded.

You can see the same if you disable DSON (move it away from the addon folder and restart poser) and load that scene.