Sorting Runtimes

AlricAlric Posts: 125
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I have my Poser content installed into a couple of dozen runtimes, one for each figure, etc.

In the poser library the list of runtimes has gotten out of hand and since they are listed in the order they were added it's becoming increasingly difficult to find anything. Is there a way to reorder the list of runtimes? At the very list to alphabetize it.

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?59476-Sorting-Multiple-Runtimes-Alphabetically

You can edit LibraryPrefs.xml using any texteditor.
    Just make sure you close Poser before editing the file and make a back-up of the file.
    On Windows those files are located at ...
    Poser 8: c:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Poser\8.0
    PoserPro 2010: c:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Poser Pro\2.0

For every connected Runtime you'll find a line looking like this:
    ContentFolder folder="path to runtime" index="1" searchIndexed="1"
    Now you can cut and paste all those lines to your liking and change the index numbers accordingly.

• AlricAlric Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Aaahhh, there we go. I knew that there had to be some file controlling it but I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I use semidieu's advanced library manger and I try to include a name of the folder surrounding the runtime that makes sense. so say I want vehicles I can just select vehicles and I just see a list of all the runtimes that have that in the title. then I can say select 3 out of a list of 7 and just see those runtimes combined together as though they were one.
    I have probalby well over a 1000 external runtimes and my workflow is quite quick because of the advanced lbirary manager. not to mention when I apply a pose I can right mouse click on it and choose just the lower half of the body or a right hand or left arm etc.