Cat 8 & More Dog 8 Breeds

I'm sure it has been suggested before...Poor Mil Cat needs a serious update...I miss my Mil Cat :)

Also does anyone know if there are more breeds/textures in the works for the Dog 8? I would be more likely to get it (even though I am a cat lady) if there was a better selection of breeds :)

Comments

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

+1 vote for it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,874
    RJGirl said:

I'm sure it has been suggested before...Poor Mil Cat needs a serious update...I miss my Mil Cat :)

Also does anyone know if there are more breeds/textures in the works for the Dog 8? I would be more likely to get it (even though I am a cat lady) if there was a better selection of breeds :)

When the Dog 8 was released on 2018-06-18, there was a pose pack released (Comical Canine Poses) that advertised poses for "Wolf Dog 8", "Husky Dog 8" and "German Shepherd Dog 8". That product is still in the store and still lists those breeds, but those breeds never materialized in the store. I'm hoping that Daz is working on a fur solution for those breeds and maybe that is why we haven't seen them. I have no information on whether that is the case or not.

I like Dog 8 and don't regret purchasing it, but it is disappointing to be teased like that with other breeds and still not have them available after 7 months.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068
    barbult said:

When the Dog 8 was released on 2018-06-18, there was a pose pack released (Comical Canine Poses) that advertised poses for "Wolf Dog 8", "Husky Dog 8" and "German Shepherd Dog 8".

Those are all long hair breeds, so maybe the delay has something to do with rendering long hair, like realistic hair, not displacement maps.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

I'll humbly suggest:

https://www.daz3d.com/oso-rock-dogs-for-daz-dog-8 (fantasy/scifi, but...)

and

https://www.daz3d.com/oso-fur-shaders-for-iray which has a template for Daz Dog 8.

• RJGirlRJGirl Posts: 93

Humble suggestion noted :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

I want Cat 8. I cannot say it enough.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068
    edited April 2019

More than one cat breed would be something to see.
    Russian, Persian, Siamese, Sphynx, American, Himayalan, Egyptian, Burmese, Siberian, etc...

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I really want chihuahua dog 8.

• Pleasantly surprised to find the Warg for Dog 8 by GhostOfMacbeth: https://www.daz3d.com/warg-hd-for-daz-dog-8
  • Pleasantly surprised to find the Warg for Dog 8 by GhostOfMacbeth: https://www.daz3d.com/warg-hd-for-daz-dog-8

Pleasantly surprised to find the Warg for Dog 8 by GhostOfMacbeth: https://www.daz3d.com/warg-hd-for-daz-dog-8

I agree! Very nice :)

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited February 2019
    Pleasantly surprised to find the Warg for Dog 8 by GhostOfMacbeth: https://www.daz3d.com/warg-hd-for-daz-dog-8

You deserve the thanks, GhostofMacbeth. Especially for the conforming fur that can be also used with other dog 8 morphs. Awesome morph. Thanks again.
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • I'd just be happy for a 3Delight dog.

Orphan: Huh?
    The core dog has 3DL materials, as do several of the other dog products (like Beardog and Dragon dog).

You can also convert with RSSY Iray to 3Delight, or with default stuff by applying UberSurface if you don't want to spend money.

Steps:
    Applied Bully.

Then applied the default 3dl dog material (this way, the bully files stick around a little and I can easily apply them)

Swap in the Bully maps.

Render. Go wait, that's not right.

Remember to change the UV settings if they are different (in this case, Default -> Bully)

Render. Wait, that's still not right.

Oh, Default dog specular maps. Well, they're dark... maybe I can remove them and just put in specular strength, oh, 5%.

Render. Yep, that's decent.

Bully 3DL.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 384K
  • I'm sure Cat 8 should be coming soon. If Daz is the same as their timeline. Generation 9 is coming in June. So not much time left to have a Cat 8.  unless they going to skip it and make Cat 9 , to match the 9 Lives! LOL!

• I'm sure Cat 8 should be coming soon. If Daz is the same as their timeline. Generation 9 is coming in June. So not much time left to have a Cat 8.  unless they going to skip it and make Cat 9 , to match the 9 Lives! LOL!

genesis 9 will be morphable into a cat ....

I'm sure Cat 8 should be coming soon. If Daz is the same as their timeline. Generation 9 is coming in June. So not much time left to have a Cat 8.  unless they going to skip it and make Cat 9 , to match the 9 Lives! LOL!

genesis 9 will be morphable into a cat ....

Please...just no....

I'm sad...still no new cats...

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

I just use Hivewire's Housecat. Does a pretty dang good job.

If Daz doesn't fit the bill, someone else will.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

If a German Shepherd is on the way, it's all the more surprising why a Golden Retriever (with the three main different colours), possibly the most popualr breed, was not also being announced. Both would have a similar level of fur.

I just use Hivewire's Housecat. Does a pretty dang good job.

If Daz doesn't fit the bill, someone else will.

I like the HW Housecat too but I like variety...the old DS cat had more body shaping morphs...

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I still really want a chihuahua and a terrier would be nice too. I also like mutts. 

I still really want a chihuahua and a terrier would be nice too. I also like mutts. 

I think mutts would be awesome!

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 483
    RJGirl said:

Mutts could be easily solved by a general morph pack that includes varied dog traits. Just like G8 human figures have face and body morph packs.

RJGirl said:

Mutts could be easily solved by a general morph pack that includes varied dog traits. Just like G8 human figures have face and body morph packs.

Dog Randomizer lol :)

• NathNath Posts: 2,770
    RJGirl said:
    RJGirl said:

Dog Randomizer lol :)

I'm not on my render computer so I can't try it out, but this might already do that: https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-randomizer

• Can we get a female Daz Dog 8?????? Why are they all male????? Kind of hard to have a dog couple while both of them have noticable junk under their bellies...

• Debbie911Debbie911 Posts: 96

I am also wanting a DAZ Dog 8 German shepherd.  The wolf/German shepherd figure that is currently available does not comply with DAZ Dog 8 poses.  Since there is a K9 and police officer pose pack, and Doberman pinschers and pit bulls usually aren't used as canine partners, we need a German shepherd! 

Thanks in advance!

Debbie

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited April 2019

Can we get a female Daz Dog 8?????? Why are they all male????? Kind of hard to have a dog couple while both of them have noticable junk under their bellies...

The dog 8 has a 'female' morph under Actors parameters which removes the male parts. A morph for a nursing female dog would be much appreciated, though.
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on