Hand problems

wscottartwscottart Posts: 431
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Using v4.2 with all the morphs and ++ morphs in the figure. Everything is fine until I apply figure height fashion model then the hand get all deformed. Adjusting hand size dials , palm size etc doesnt fix the problem, any suggestions?

Or should I just not be using the figure heights?

Screen_shot_2013-10-16_at_9.29_.25_PM_.jpg
1086 x 413 - 59K

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,790
    edited December 1969

What version of Poser? Single Axis scaling doesn't work properly in versions prior to Poser 9, SR2....

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 431
    edited December 1969

I'm using poser pro 2014( mac). The figure appears to look good if I use heroic proportions, except the shoulders are off just a bit. The other proportions all have their different little quirky problems like head size etc.

I guess If you want different height proportions on V4.2 you just have to use the morph channels or magnets?

edited October 2013

I played around with it and saw the same thing. I'd honestly never tried using the Figure Height on DAZ figures as I thought it was for the included SM figures; I used the ones in Morphs++ or Lyrra's 'Shape of a Woman' poses. This happens on Victoria 3 too.

I un-hid the scale dials for the hands and set the scale and the 3 axis scaling factors to 100%, and set the Z-scale for the forearms to 100% and it seemed to fix it...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

Awesome! Made me go looking for a pose to reveal all the scales ov v4, and that worked perfectly allowing me to resize the hand to fit the fashion model scale. I had'nt noticed the missing dials in all the time I've been using v4. Thanks for the input.

Now I'm curious how you go about unhidding dials in the first place.
    found the pose for revealing the scale dials here:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=49453&highlight;=

edited December 1969

Since you have PP2014, simply click on the triangle at the top right of the Parameter pane, and check "Show Hidden Parameters"... :)

edited December 1969

Victoria says thanks her hands feels much better.

Screen_shot_2013-10-17_at_8.31_.33_PM_.jpg
    697 x 641 - 54K