Will Carrara 8 Pro owners get Carrara 8.5 for free?

BryonSpellerBryonSpeller Posts: 0
edited October 2013 in Carrara Discussion

I was wondering. Thanks.

Post edited by BryonSpeller on

Comments

• 1MoreThreadDeleted1MoreThreadDeleted Posts: 56
    edited October 2013

unfortunately, It is a paid update from carrara 8

Post edited by 1MoreThreadDeleted on
  • BryonSpellerBryonSpeller Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That makes no sense. From 7-8 I understand from 8-9 I understand, but 8.5 is basically a fix of all the bugs in 8, plus some added functionality.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Sense or not, that's the way it is. Upgrade or don't, it's your choice. It was no secret that it was going to be a paid upgrade.

• mikomodamikomoda Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sense or not, that's the way it is. Upgrade or don't, it's your choice. It was no secret that it was going to be a paid upgrade.

A secret or not, 'thats the fact it is' - 'a big impudence'!!

On the Carrara product page DAZ writes

'Native DSON Importer - seamless integration of:
    TriAxTM Weight Mapped figures (Genesis, Genesis 2 Female)'

But NO remark or link to 'The known issues' that the geocrafted figures like the genitals dont work in carrara!

Maybe there will never come an Fix! Or maybe in carrara 9? Of course a paid update again!
    Since Carrara 8 I'm feeling like an ongoing beta tester!

And there are still many issues, you could read on the Bugtracker!
    So many users have pointed out bugs and issues and had also made ​​suggestions for improvement. They spend much time on that!
    But DAZ deleted it!

And DAZ said
    ''... Unfortunately it is not practical for us to migrate all of the data from the old system to the new one. This means that while your bugs will continue to be visible to DAZ 3D staff and that we will continue to work on the bugs that were submitted to the old system, customers who submitted and/or were monitoring the bugs will not receive updates on their status.

All new bugs will be entered into the new system and updates will be visible and available from the new system to the customer who submitted the bug. If you wish to continue to receive notifications on status changes and updates, we invite you to re-enter the bug in the new system...''

This is a KICK in the Face of all them/us! And where is that new system??

And in spite of all these discussions here on board, no statement from daz about the future of Carrara!

I do not know whether to laugh or cry! But I feel rather to cry! :down:

A proverb says, that if your horse is dead, get off!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

Carrara 9 is in the pipeline and will be released fairly early next year, Daz 3D said this a while back, when it announced the, then prospective, release date of 8.5 so how can you say there is no statement of the future for Carrara

Post edited by Chohole on
  • FetitoFetito Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

@chohole: Is there already a list of new functions of C9?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,915
    edited December 1969

We have no idea what is new and improved. We won't know until DAZ tells us somehting

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

mikomoda said:
    And where is that new system??

Enter a bug via the ZenDesk, and you'll see the new system, just like it says in the quote you've posted. Not elegant to say the least at this point, but they did say that they're working on it. I hope others understand what a major process it was/is for them to port everything from a home-made system to the new web system.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Carrara 9 is in the pipeline and will be released fairly early next year, Daz 3D said this a while back, when it announced the, then prospective, release date of 8.5 so how can you say there is no statement of the future for Carrara

As I remember Steve Spencer (Director of Sales and Marketing) said on February '13 - ''... we are working on some plans to release 9.0 either Q4 or Q1 2014.'' !

If you have further information, please let me know!

For me this is not a Statement and it really says nothing! For me a real statement would be this for example;

'Yes we have big plans with carrara. 9.0 will be released in Q1 2014. The features will be the following,
    1 ...
    n ...
    Until 2016 carrara will be competitive to Lightwave, 3Ds Max or C4D. That is we are working on!'

or even this

'We decided to stop all work on carrara. From now on, we are only working on some bugs until Q4 2014, to make C 8.5 usable and stable for some years!'

But nothing!

In Q2/3 2011 when the first 'public' 8.5 Beta was released, the bug with the geocrafted models should be well known! And now over 2 years later there is NO fix for this! Incredible!

In those days they said, '... that due to the large code work and added features in this update (8.5) there will be a small upgrade fee. ...'
    Sorry, for me over 140 $ is more than a 'small upgrade fee'!

Dartanbeck :

Enter a bug via the ZenDesk, and you’ll see the new system, just like it says in the quote you’ve posted. Not elegant to say the least at this point, but they did say that they’re working on it. I hope others understand what a major process it was/is for them to port everything from a home-made system to the new web system.

With respect Dartanbeck, ZenDesk has nothing to do with a bug tracking system, in my opinion. It's a simple request/comment system.
    And the 'old' Mantis Bug tracking System is a seriously Software product, used by companies all over the world - not a 'home-made system'.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The Zendesk bug tracker, when it does come on line in full, should be comparable to the Mantis system.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The Zendesk bug tracker, when it does come on line in full, should be comparable to the Mantis system.

Good to know chohole. I hope it will be online in full soon!