displacement brush failure

Just lately I have had an issue with the displacement brush... when I click a brush style and bring the curser into the window with the object I'm trying to  do some "displacing" It looks like the attached image and doesn't work at all...  I had this problem last week and then yesterday everything was working as it should ... then today I had the same issue... Any idea of what my problem ight be?

hexagon displacement issue.jpg
1552 x 840 - 574K

Comments

• Yeah, it's a known bug.  Go to preferences and / 3D displace, advanced, and uncheck "Local Redraw".  Let me know if that works.  That usually fixes the problem, but you said it was working fine once before, so maybe it's something different. 

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

Thank you for that... I'll be near my "Hexagon" computer later today and I'll give it a try...  I'll let you know how it went...

thanks

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

Well, MaxHancock... You hit that nail on the head... I unchecked "local redraw" ...and  Voilla! I now have a functional displacement brush... Thank you very much...

Steve

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

thank you so much for that tip, I was also having the same issue. I am a new user of Hexagon and just learning my way around it.