pz2 motion file use in Carrara 8.5 Pro

KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I/m asking for assistance with applying / using .pz2 motion file in the new C 8.5 Pro. I have several which work great in Studio4.x.

I have read various people commenting on this Carrara forum that .pz2 files should appear in the browser of Carrara and can just be applied, bu they do not appear there - the directory is added correctly.

Dragging and dropping them from windows explorer into the instances character's location in pane does nothing.

Importing them (with the figure selected, eg camel or toon Gen figure, or Genesis or M4) is no good as the .pz2 file format doesnt appear in the file open or import list.

I did read that these may not work with Genesis (but they do in Studio 4.x).

What am i doing wrong?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Which Browser tab are you trying?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited October 2013

mine are always found when in "where ever your Daz content is" \runtime\libraries\Pose
    so tend to put them there
    carrara does load them from anywhere as a pose for non genesis figures, this option does not appear for Genesis though

some pics
    as you can see Genesis does not bring up import option
    but the pose will load from the browser if in the location I stated

Untitled2.jpg
    1923 x 1041 - 563K
    Untitled.jpg
    1913 x 1051 - 520K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Yeah like Wendy said,
    PZ2's are seen by Carrara the same way they are seen in Poser or DAZ Studio - from a 'runtime' folder.
    If you've installed everything to the default location of DIM, you'd find them in Carrara under the My DAZ 3D runtime in the content tab - then go to Poses from there.

• KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

Wow thanks Wendy and Dart for the rapid reply. Until Wendy's reply I never notice the import section under the general tab for a figure. (didnt read my manual well, did I!)

Ok re not showing up in the browser - I think I know why... the animations are not in a DAZ runtime in a folder but in a separate folder called 3rd party Animations. I guess I have to get them into a DAZ runtime Dir. then. Will give it a go.

Appreciate you assistance Carrarites!