Content with Carrara 8.5 Pro

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I upgraded to C8.5 pro back in August and was supposed to get V5 and M5 Pro Bundles with that (just double-checked the promo) - but I don't see those in my runtime anywhere and they don't show up as "Purchased' in the daz store.

Also not sure I'm getting the Carrara content (all I get in native content are a couple of hair caps)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? (have not done the Download manager yet - is that the problem - and have most of the kinks for the download manager been worked out? I'd categorized most of my items manually so reluctant to switch over unless working pretty well)

Thanks

Comments

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited October 2013

I just looked at my account. Try searching for M5 and V5 to see/find the content included, and search/filter for" Michael" and "Victoria" to find the M5 and V5 base figures. Since V5 Pro and M5 Pro are bundles, the items show up individually in your account. You will also need to download and install the Carrara content separately, try filtering for Carrara and you should find it in the list..

Hope this helps

PS - I did it all with the DIM, pretty simple to use after you have it all set up (I have different runtimes for V4, Props, M4, etc.). There is a bit of a learning curve, but you can still install all of your content into specific locations by setting up different installation directories.

Post edited by DustRider on
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I don't use DIM and had no problem getting the V5 and M5 pro bundles that came with Carrara 8.5 pro.

When I search in my product library for 8.5 and then select the Carrara 8.5 Pro, I find that under the downloads for the 8.5 pro software itself, there's a box with the title: "This product is a bundle that contains the following product..." and inside that box are all the different 'extras' that come with 8.5, which include all the parts of the M5 and V5 Pro bundles (there isn't any specific M5 Pro bundle or V5 pro bundle, but all the component parts are there, for example there's one for Michael 5, one for Manly Men M5, one for Benjamin for M5, etc etc...

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Thanks - I see that too. I thought the content would automatically get installed when I installed Carrara content - but since I'm not using Download Manager yet, guess I'd have to click each one and download separately. (May take the plunge to download manager - but was hoping to hear from a wave of happy users before jumping in since I'm guessing it would mean I'd have to re-categorize everything - (In fact, is that still an option, to assign our own categories?)

Thanks